Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually have a look on here most days and post now and again but recently the amount of garbage posted on here has reached a new height.

I have been supporting the R's for near on 45 years and some of you not only need to get a reality check but seriously ask yourselves if football is the sport for you. If it is not ridiculous comparisons of players, it's the sack Mark Hughes and bring in Harry brigade. When they have finished with that they are criticizing the choice of Captain and even saying that a player who has played for one of the worlds top clubs and won countless trophies should not be playing.

If some of you have been to Grimsby away on a weekday when you can't feel your feet, or Chesterfield away in the pouring rain and get battered, you would have something to moan about. We used to get excited about signing players like Leon Knight and George Santos so get over yourselves and support your team.

Hughes will turn it round, we are playing well and one win will probably see us go on a nice little run. However what ever is around the corner look at the facts, we have a good owner, manager and squad, certainly the best for a considerable time, we will be fine

Amen. Lotta short memories at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

I have been supporting the R's for near on 45 years and some of you not only need to get a reality check but seriously ask yourselves if football is the sport for you. If it is not ridiculous comparisons of players, it's the sack Mark Hughes and bring in Harry brigade. When they have finished with that they are criticizing the choice of Captain and even saying that a player who has played for one of the worlds top clubs and won countless trophies should not be playing.
      I am assuming you're talking about Park here.

Just because he has played for Man Utd and won trophies for them does not mean he is the best choice and should start every game. Taraabt is a better player than Park, so is Hoilett. I think Diakite, Granero and Faurlin are better suited at playing Central Midfield than Park. So I think Park should not be starting. I don't care how many trophies he has won and with who - the best players should start, and Park has better players ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster View Post
        Amen. Lotta short memories at the moment.
        Nothing to do with short memories. I don't hate Hughes, and I am not calling for him to be sacked. I think some of his decisions are dreadful, and I think there are a lot of other better managers we could have got. My opinion isn't formed over what has happened this season, and if Hughes works wonders, I will be willing to readjust my opinion of him. But at this moment in time, I think I, and every other fan, is entitled to voice what we think MH is doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post

Just because he has played for Man Utd and won trophies for them does not mean he is the best choice and should start every game. Taraabt is a better player than Park, so is Hoilett. I think Diakite, Granero and Faurlin are better suited at playing Central Midfield than Park. So I think Park should not be starting. I don't care how many trophies he has won and with who - the best players should start, and Park has better players ahead of him.
          Marshy, you appear to have picked out one minor part of the OP that you happen to disagree about whilst ignoring the main thrust of the post. How about replying to that instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            Marshy, you appear to have picked out one minor part of the OP that you happen to disagree about whilst ignoring the main thrust of the post. How about replying to that instead?
            I agree we have a good owner and good players, I just don't think we have a good manager who can make the team play as good as they should. But I'm not calling for his head. I just hope that if come January we're still punching well below our weight, instead of throwing the chequebook at MH, TF hires a good manager like Sean O'Driscoll, and lets him spend the money and build his own team.

Comment

I agree we have a good owner and good players, I just don't think we have a good manager who can make the team play as good as they should. But I'm not calling for his head. I just hope that if come January we're still punching well below our weight, instead of throwing the chequebook at MH, TF hires a good manager like Sean O'Driscoll, and lets him spend the money and build his own team.
              I disagree mate but thanks and fair post.

Comment

I usually have a look on here most days and post now and again but recently the amount of garbage posted on here has reached a new height.

If some of you have been to Grimsby away on a weekday when you can't feel your feet, or Chesterfield away in the pouring rain and get battered, you would have something to moan about. We used to get excited about signing players like Leon Knight and George Santos so get over yourselves and support your team.

Hughes will turn it round, we are playing well and one win will probably see us go on a nice little run. However what ever is around the corner look at the facts, we have a good owner, manager and squad, certainly the best for a considerable time, we will be fine
                I like the cut of your jib.

Comment

Holliet and Tarrabt are very different players to Park, but your suggestion of Holliet at least has some merit. When are you and the rest of the Tarrabt worshipers going to see his faults.

Will it be after another bus stop moment, another Hull wanting to come off moment, his 20th step over when three other players are free in the six yard box, his continued slowing of the play down, his failure to tackle, track back or just general selfishness.

Many calling for Harry but he didn't want him, when he was available after his Championship season no one wanted him, his national manager turned his back on him and his stats in the prem are very poor. Yes he has talent but has no team ethic and at the level we are playing at little end product.

Comment

the results were very disapointed.
                    But i m so pleased with the recent performance comparison to Swangea match.
                    what's the reason you watch the football?
                    just win?
                    i m happy with how they did on the pitch these days.

if you want blame the clubs and some players just for the results,
                    why dont you not watch QPR's game and go for Chealsea??
                    you can be happy every match with Chealsea or Man U or Man city

Comment

Originally posted by Ji Sung Park Rangers View Post
                      the results were very disapointed.
                      But i m so pleased with the recent performance comparison to Swangea match.
                      what's the reason you watch the football?
                      just win?
                      i m happy with how they did on the pitch these days.

if you want blame the clubs and some players just for the results,
                      why dont you not watch QPR's game and go for Chealsea??
                      you can be happy every match with Chealsea or Man U or Man city
                      Ji sung my old mate.....it's spelt Chel****........but fair post.

Comment

Holliet and Tarrabt are very different players to Park, but your suggestion of Holliet at least has some merit. When are you and the rest of the Tarrabt worshipers going to see his faults.

Will it be after another bus stop moment, another Hull wanting to come off moment, his 20th step over when three other players are free in the six yard box, his continued slowing of the play down, his failure to tackle, track back or just general selfishness.

Many calling for Harry but he didn't want him, when he was available after his Championship season no one wanted him, his national manager turned his back on him and his stats in the prem are very poor. Yes he has talent but has no team ethic and at the level we are playing at little end product.
                        I am not a Taarabt worshipper, and I myself criticise him when needed (like some of the awful corners he had been taking of late that wouldn't even clear the first defender), but that said, he is still the best player we have. I would rather have someone who gives the ball away for every two quality, searching passes he makes than someone who always makes the passes but always chooses the simple ones. Yes, sometimes he slows the play down, big deal, a lot of quality players slow the game down. I don't care if he doesn't track back, how often would you see Matt Le Tissier tracking back? Player like Tarbs needs to be given the freedom of the park, do what he likes and where he likes, his form was poor last season because he was not mentally fit, we need a manager to sort his head out and give him a constant run in the team and then see him firing on all cylinders.

Comment

Ricky. I've been Rs since 64, I was eight years old when I realised I had this blue and white hooped albatross around my neck ;)

I remember the bad times. (I also remember better ones. We played football once upon a time, and it took us pretty much to the top.) But just because we've seen worse is no reason not to voice concerns now. I disagree with you about Mark Hughes, but I don't think Harry (who we both remember as a young player) is necessarily the solution. However, there are other alternatives to Harry including at least one previous managers who served this club well and has more tactical suss.

Comment

This calling for Hughes head is crazy. we have a wide range of good quality players and its just a case of finding the right combinations and tactics to get the best out of them as a group, we are severely hindered by numerous injuries especially in defence but Hughes and the team have to be given the chance to get it right, we have had 3 reasonably decent performances against teams that will finish in the top 6 and a loss in the cup to a premiership team and people want Hughes sacked. plain crazy
                            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                              This calling for Hughes head is crazy. we have a wide range of good quality players and its just a case of finding the right combinations and tactics to get the best out of them as a group, we are severely hindered by numerous injuries especially in defence but Hughes and the team have to be given the chance to get it right, we have had 3 reasonably decent performances against teams that will finish in the top 6 and a loss in the cup to a premiership team and people want Hughes sacked. plain crazy
                              Exactly, and we're only five games into the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X