New Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Manager

A lot is being said to and fro on this forum after last night's game about a new manager in different threads.
    Thought I'd centralise it.

IMO - it's a ridiculous knee-jerk reaction. A new manager will only make all the current players feel uneasy about their role in the club. When we appointed MH we appointed more than just a man in a suit. We appoint his backroom staff, who have been training PL teams for years. We appointed a man who has an incredible amount of footballing experience, a lot of it successful. We appointed a man who has also been strong enough to be an international manager (granted he didn't do much, but it was Wales.)
    Changing the manager is more than "changing the manager" - it's getting rid of MH.

Do we want another stat like this?

(2007) Luigi De Canio Iain Dowie Gareth Ainsworth (Caretaker) Paulo Sousa Gareth Ainsworth (Caretaker) Jim Magilton Steve Gallen & Marc Bircham (Caretaker) Paul Hart Mick Harford (Caretaker) Neil Warnock Mark Hughes (2012) *new man*

No keep Hughes. Whoever think we should sack him is clueless.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

needs must!...............you wouldnt keep driving a new car that continually let you down!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        needs must!...............you wouldnt keep driving a new car that continually let you down!
        if Jenson Button crashed his car 3 times, failed to score points in 2 races...and had 32 races left - would McLaren sack him to get a different driver?

Comment

I don't have the money for another new one so 'yes'.

I think his only let us down against Swansea, you also have to look at the injury's picked up.

Have faith... Mark Hughes is the right man long term.

Comment

Keep the faith fellow R's..........soon we will feel the love.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
              if Jenson Button crashed his car 3 times, failed to score points in 2 races...and had 32 races left - would McLaren sack him to get a different driver?
              if he was caught over the drink driving limit.....................yes!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I think we're in too deep with Hughes and his team to make a change now. I didn't think he was the right man when appointed, but giving him time is in everyone's best interests. That said, if we're in the bottom three at the end of the year, he'll probably deserve the sack.

Comment

Football is a game of stability, it brings success.

This game is not about who can bring in the most managers.

Flavio tried it and failed.

Comment

Well Facto - that is a whole new arguement - are you claiming the welsh bomber is indeed having a few jagerbombs throughout the day?

Comment

no one was complaining when Cesar, Park, Nelsen, Mbia, Granero, Boswinga, Hoilett signed, so why are we complaining now? Apart from Swansea, when most of these didn't play, we've played well in the last 3 games against good sides. What were we REALISTICALLY expecting?
                      So do we now want the manager out on the back of a shocking DEFENSIVE dsplay last night.
                      I suppose he'll get blamed for the injuries next!! Let's blame him for the weather as well and the sh.. hot dog I had last night.
                      That's obviously his fault

Comment

Can't blame him for injuries but what he can be blamed for is tactics and resting players should've started with 2 strikers, won the game then rest players. FFs we aren't playing until Monday

Comment

fair enough, I thought Hoilett was playng up front
                          Originally posted by pblockranger View Post
                          Can't blame him for injuries but what he can be blamed for is tactics and resting players should've started with 2 strikers, won the game then rest players. FFs we aren't playing until Monday

Comment

I agree fully with the OP.

All talk last night about let's get Harry. So Harry will guarantee us wins will he? I don't think so. I'm a big fan of Harry Redknapp actually but ffs has no one seen or at least heard how good we were the last 2 Premier League games against 2 of the strongest sides in Europe?! Things will fall into place.

Also if we did get Harry (which we won't ) & he loses 3-4 games are we going to be asking for someone else? Pretty sure I remember the overwhelming response to Mark Hughes being appointed was a massive thumbs up from the fans.

Chill out. We have a run of games ahead where we will move up the table.

Comment

As I said on another thread

5 games in to the league campaign and people are calling for the managers head. Have you all forgotten just how many managers we've had in the last 3 or 4 years? How about a bit of stability? The team is brand new and starting to show signs of becoming a good passing unit - the performance at Spuds was as good as Rangers have been away from home in years. Sure, defensively we are struggling, but as I've said on another couple of threads, we have 4 first team defenders out injured, Nelson rested and M'Bia making his debut when clearly not match fit. We are also playing without a left footed left back (as in one who only uses said foot for standing on). Hughes often takes time to make an impact and yes, I know about last season's record - but, as above, this is a whole new team so it's back to square one. It will take time but the shoots are there, based on performances against Chelsea, Man City and Spuds I believe things will have taken a positive swing in the coming weeks. So, back to the manager, Hughes is a top manager, his ideas take time to settle but when they do, his teams become very effective. Sadly, we have a very impatient fan base, but hopefully the Board are not so twitchy. Remember, many of these players were only sold on coming to the R's because of Hughes so imagine the unsettling effect a sacking would create.
                              One final thought - who is the most successful manager in English Football history? It took SAF 5 years to win anything with United and there is a very poignant comment in the bio about his early days at OT - Following an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap...ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone. However, Ferguson later revealed that the board of directors had assured him that they were not considering dismissing him. Although naturally disappointed with the lack of success in the league, they understood the reasons for the sub-standard results (namely the absence of several key players due to injury) and were pleased with the way that Ferguson had reorganised the club's coaching and scouting system.

Imagine if the OT faithful had got their own way, or indeed if the Board had been somewhat less patient.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X