Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsen could have missed the game with vertigo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelsen could have missed the game with vertigo???

According to Mark Hughes after the game. Sure I heard that right!

Can't work that one out. I know Spurs is up north, but it's not up Mount Everest!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

I nearly got vertigo in my seat today, 2nd from the frigging back! Great view though tbf.

In seriousness though I think Sparkie said after the game the past 2 days Nelson has been cooped up in a hotel room with an ear infection & vertigo yet still played today. Also Ceasar didnt train last 2 sessions due to a back problem. We're a proper bunch of sicknotes!
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If indeed he could be suffering rom labyrinthitis then this is nasty, I have suffered myself over the last six months. You lose your balance and even sitting down means that the room starts to swim causing extreme nausea.

Comment

Originally posted by nobby View Post
        If indeed he could be suffering rom labyrinthitis then this is nasty, I have suffered myself over the last six months. You lose your balance and even sitting down means that the room starts to swim causing extreme nausea.
        Farking hell its just dawned on me... The beer my local serves me must contain Labyrinthitis!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nobby View Post
          Lucky I am not a doctor then! How does he cope travelling to New Zealand all year round for qualifiers???
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Not sure why some people think vertigo is to do with heights....

Comment

Originally posted by rangertillidiedan View Post
              Not sure why some people think vertigo is to do with heights....
              Common misconception tbf. I've been known to get just as queasy looking up from the foot of a tall building than if I'm at the top looking down.

Comment

Whats being scared of heights called then ? come on quick.before Rangers are on MOTD ?
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  Whats being scared of heights called then ? come on quick.before Rangers are on MOTD ?
                  Off the top of my head *cough* acrophobia?

i don't have a fear of heights. I do have a fear of falling and hitting the ground very very fast.

Comment

so is that it then ? cos when i`m at he top of seriously high scaffolding , i`m not scared of falling ,i`m scared of being up there, theres somthing in me that wants to fall ( might be being a Rangers fan ), to get me out of being up there.
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrophobia

I've always had an issue when I'm up high, but usually only when safety barriers are too low for me. I'm tall and if I get the feeling that just losing my balance would send me over the barrier then I'm in real trouble.

Inside tall buildings I'm usually OK, and I love flying, but send me up a ladder and I'm clinging to it like a complete idiot.

My idea of hell is this place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw&sns=em

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                        Lucky I am not a doctor then! How does he cope travelling to New Zealand all year round for qualifiers???
                        Labyrinthitis is not vertigo but has similar symptoms, if indeed he has this then it is a common cold viral infection that just happened to travel further up the sinuses to the ear canal, causing the imbalance. No cure other than taking anti-vertigo tablets which effectively blocks the communication from the ear to he brain, so the brain is the only thing that works out your balance. You may think that you are cured, I.e. haven't had an episode in months and then you have another attack. When walking it is very surreal, I can only compare it to walking on a soft trampoline and everything around you is on its own trampoline, everything is just bouncing around you. I have it mildly but know somebody who pretty much spent the first five months of the year in bed as he vomited every time he got up, poor fella could hardly stand.

Comment

Working...
                        X