the midfield dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the midfield dilemma

faurlin and granero look superb in possession (particularly faurlin). faurlin also a brilliant tackler and granero can also get stuck in. if granero showed a bit more composure on the ball in promising positions that central midfield partnership cd become really top drawer. against both spurs and chelsea they have looked better than their opposite numbers.

however, if we are to avoid playing a more agricultural player in there they need to put in that little bit more. we lost the game today because faurlin turned his back on a cross before it went in off him and because granero lost the ball by refusing to lay it off and allowed spurs to waltz down the pitch to score.

also don't think park is v effective on the left. its hard on swp because he has played well but think we might have to put park on the right, hoilet or adel on the left and samba in the middle. think then we will be a really, really solid unit and with that team think we might have come away with all three points today (am not criticising the manager as those were the players available, I'm just hoping that might be a team we can field in our next away game).

Some good points there. I don't think everything has fallen into place yet so we might use those players like you're saying. But the good thing is that we got versatile players that can be used in different ways. We're rarely going to have everybody fit and on form so we need this versatility.

Comment

[QUOTE=also don't think park is v effective on the left. its hard on swp because he has played well but think we might have to put park on the right, hoilet or adel on the left and samba in the middle. think then we will be a really, really solid unit and with that team think we might have come away with all three points today (am not criticising the manager as those were the players available, I'm just hoping that might be a team we can field in our next away game).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, agree! SWP has been playing quite well in my opinion but we really need to see Park at the right of midfield where he's most comfortable! It would have been nice for SWP to break his duck and fire in a goal and get on a roll but we've been saying that for a long time now!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Would play Park right Granero n Ale centre nd Hoilet left personally.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Park on ne flank and then swp or hoilet or adel on other, take your pick deending on opposition. In centre (and going to get shot down here) I'd have samba and granero. Samba to provide that drive and bite in midefield. Let's be honest, the lad has had some issues this season but anyone who saw him play last season knows we've got an awesome player on our hands. Ally is a great player but for me lack yard of pace and doesnkt have that xfactor that samba provides.

Comment

How far have we come since the start of the season, all points above valid and all good teams, the days that everyone could pick the 11 are gone.

One for all.... and all for one

Comment

would like to see ale, samba,hoilett and granero in the same team , dont no if they can all fit in a system but im a great believer a good player can play anywhere

Comment

The midfield has great potential. The ability to keep the ball and keep it moving getting out of tight situations is fantastic to watch.

I think the next stage is to get Ale or Granero to take it in turns in playing 10 to 15 yards further up the pitch as with there passing ability they can be slotting little balls through to the front two and we will have loads of goal scoring opportunities.

Evidence of this was how Ale set up yesterdays goal. He was on the edge of the box and slotted the ball through. If we can get both involved further up the pitch when the strikers are on the move forward and the opposition defence on the back foot there are goals to be had in this side

Comment

i feel our strongest team with everybody in form is playing diakite, faurlin and granero.

however that limits our attacking options..

personally id play:

ceaser

bosingwa nelson mbia fabio

granero diakite faurlin

hoilett zamora taarabt

playing those 3 in the middle gives us real strength in the middle.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

good side but you're not suggesting Park wouldn't get in our side are you? He probably be one of the first names on my team sheet
                    Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                    i feel our strongest team with everybody in form is playing diakite, faurlin and granero.

personally id play:

ceaser

granero diakite faurlin

hoilett zamora taarabt

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post

personally id play:

ceaser

granero diakite faurlin

hoilett zamora taarabt

Certainly Granero/Faurlin, would have Park and try Hoilett on the left, Diakite, hmmm, I'd like to see him back in the first XI somehow, great towards back end of last season, without his goal against the #### we would be down, you can say that about Cisse etc scoring important goals but he played his part too

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                      good side but you're not suggesting Park wouldn't get in our side are you? He probably be one of the first names on my team sheet
                      Deffo

Comment

When everyones fit I'd play..

Cesar

Nelson
                        Mbia
                        Bosingwa

Park
                        Granero
                        Diakite
                        Faurlin
                        Hoilett

Zamora
                        Cisse/Taarabt

Playing three at the back is a risk, but they are all quality players so I don't fear as much as I would in previous years, that also gives us park and Hoilett tracking back if need be.

Then playing EG, AF and SD gives us passing abilities to keep possession and the drive of Samba, because a lot of times yesterday we got spurs on the break and Samba is key at driving forwards with the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRJACK123 View Post
                          When everyones fit I'd play..

Cesar

Nelson
                          Mbia
                          Bosingwa

Park
                          Granero
                          Diakite
                          Faurlin
                          Hoilett

Zamora
                          Cisse/Taarabt

Playing three at the back is a risk, but they are all quality players so I don't fear as much as I would in previous years, that also gives us park and Hoilett tracking back if need be.

Then playing EG, AF and SD gives us passing abilities to keep possession and the drive of Samba, because a lot of times yesterday we got spurs on the break and Samba is key at driving forwards with the ball.
                          Too risky! I could see reverting to 3 in the back if we're desperately trying to pull a goal or two back but in the course of 90 minutes against EPL teams I think you risk being exposed and outnumbered too often to justify the added attack you might get!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

if Dyer plays a few games at right back (which I think he's going to have to) and plays as well as he did on Sunday, against a good side in atrocious conditions, there's an argument to keep him there as he would give us proper qualty going forward. We don't get that from Onouha.
                            Difficult to say Mbia until we've seen him.
                            In midfield, which is the title of this thread, Park, Granero and Faurlin are certs

Comment

Midfield is our strongest area, some good options and rotation. Joey who?

Comment

Working...
                              X