i just wish zamora would tajke some shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just wish zamora would tajke some shots

YES hes been so much better this season but theere are still times that hes moving towards the goal that he could just hit a speculative shot,perhaps if he suspects the goalie is unsighted he could try to bend the ball into the corner
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

I think now he's started to score more regularly you will see a more confident striker and he will take some pot shots more than before.

What you need to bear in mind though is his remit and role for the team will be to act as a target, hold up the ball and bring into play the overlapping runners from deep. If he starts taking loads of shots and missing more often than not, he'll soon p1s5 off the other players who've made lung busting runs to get up in support for nothing as he hits another one into the crowd.

Comment

Zamora has come good! As I knew he would

RE: Him Against Arsenal - He was quality!!!

The guy can finish and he has a great understanding with AJ - We have nice mix of goalscorers

Comment

well

well im not sugesting that he hits a shot at goal every time hes 35 yards away im just saying the odd shot would be fantastic and would see him get into the england team

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
          Zamora has come good! As I knew he would

RE: Him Against Arsenal - He was quality!!!

The guy can finish and he has a great understanding with AJ - We have nice mix of goalscorers
          And is it really a coincidence that he has run into form as soon as he linked back up with Johnson? No, which is why AJ was such a good acquisition.
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            And is it really a coincidence that he has run into form as soon as he linked back up with Johnson? No, which is why AJ was such a good acquisition.
            As a positive Hoop, I NEVER suggested it was not a good purchase (free signing) It proves more that MH is building a very good side!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              As a positive Hoop, I NEVER suggested it was not a good purchase (free signing) It proves more that MH is building a very good side!

Not only that, but it has made Cisse sit up and think he's not a shoe in for a start, which he thought last season.. Yes he did the business, but he also nearly cost us by getting banned for 7 matches and you could tell he was surprised he didn't start when available again... as we all were to be fair.

Having competition will help get another 10% from Cisse also.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                Not only that, but it has made Cisse sit up and think he's not a shoe in for a start, which he thought last season.. Yes he did the business, but he also nearly cost us by getting banned for 7 matches and you could tell he was surprised he didn't start when available again... as we all were to be fair.

Having competition will help get another 10% from Cisse also.
                I believe so, Cisse wants to play football... Lets face it, he knows how to score goals. We finally have very good competition for strikers and places.

Comment

I like Bobby lots and have always rated him but I get a little frustrated with the number of times when he gets the ball he stops and goes back towards our goal when he has the time to turn and go towards the oppositions

Comment

I agree Ted. He has the ability to do so for example his cheeky lob over the Walsall keeper last week. However he is being played as the hold up player where others play off him. But I agree, if he has a good opportunity to shoot he should because we all know he is a very good finisher.
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                      I agree Ted. He has the ability to do so for example his cheeky lob over the Walsall keeper last week. However he is being played as the hold up player where others play off him. But I agree, if he has a good opportunity to shoot he should because we all know he is a very good finisher.
                      I agree with you in the respect that I think there are a lot of opportunities for bobby to get a cheeky shot off and he often chooses to pass instead, which is fine some of the time but he does need to develop the confidence to be able to rattle them off in the league when need be!

However I think people need to remember that he is being played as a hold up man as that is what he does best, he has never been massive goal scorer with the exception of his time at Brighton which was in lower leagues. Yet he has spent the majority of his career in the EPL and done just fine.

Comment

Zamora under MH plays similar to what J Bothroyd played under Warnock. We all remember what JB was capabale of during his time at Baaardiff City.
                        But NW had different vision about him and he had to play more releasing the ball for the others and taking 2 defenders with himself making space for his teammates to attack.
                        I see similarity in the MH`s tactics and NW ones. I agree with the posts that BZ should take more shots towards the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr333 View Post
                          Zamora under MH plays similar to what J Bothroyd played under Warnock. We all remember what JB was capabale of during his time at Baaardiff City.
                          But NW had different vision about him and he had to play more releasing the ball for the others and taking 2 defenders with himself making space for his teammates to attack.
                          I see similarity in the MH`s tactics and NW ones. I agree with the posts that BZ should take more shots towards the goal.
                          But the difference between JB and BZ, is that BZ actually tries and plays well....whereas Bothroyd just galloped around like a donkey doing f all with a big fat grin on his face.
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

if

if zamora plays like this all season he could end up with 20 goals at the end of the season

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                              if zamora plays like this all season he could end up with 20 goals at the end of the season
                              Big shout - I feel thats unlikely. He will at most score 15. Which is a good return for a striker like Bobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X