X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In's & Out's

IN 12 (5 over 30, 7 under) Totalling approx £17
    Green, Cesar, Bosingwa, Nelsen, Magri, Johnson - All Free. Fabio loan
    Park £2m, Diakite £3.5m, Granero £3.5m, M'bia £5m, Hoilett £3m (est)

OUT 17 (12 over 30, 5 under) Totalling approx £1.5m
    Putnins, Borrowdale, Ramage, Gabbidon, Hall, Shittu, Perone, Buzsaky, Cook, Vine, Agyemang - All released. Barton & Bothroyd loaned out.
    Kenny £400k, Helguson £400k, Connolly £400k, Smith £300k

So 5 off the payroll in real terms.
    And a younger average age of paid professionals than last season.

With 4 more potential loans out Murphy, Young, Hulse, DJ Campbell (3 of which are over 30)

Good business I'm thinking.

You always have to remember there's no such thing as a free. Those wages and terms add up. Loans can be more complicated depending on terms.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      You always have to remember there's no such thing as a free. Those wages and terms add up. Loans can be more complicated depending on terms.

True but we were paying wages of 17 others, so it goes both ways.
      That said, we're obviously massively over reaching with wages, much like West Ham when last relegated in 2011 (At least 50% of their squad was on over 50k a week !)
      Relegation doesn't bear thinking about ! (I wonder if we're putting Championship wage clauses in the new signings contracts ?)

Comment

Anybody know what is happening with Young?

Comment

I think Granero was around 6.5 mill

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            You dont include wages when talking about transfers do you. Thats just "running costs". When you tell somebody how much you pay for a car do you incldue the next years petrol, MOT, tyres etc? Of course not.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              You dont include wages when talking about transfers do you. Thats just "running costs". When you tell somebody how much you pay for a car do you incldue the next years petrol, MOT, tyres etc? Of course not.
              You would include those things if you lease a car. When comparing "deals" you work out what it costs over the period including initial payment/SIGNING ON FEE, Monthly payments/WAGES compared to Buying the same car and factoring depreciation. Also you might bung the Salesman/Agent a few quid as well.

Comment

When players are on a Free, from what I can make out, they generally get more wages and signing on fees due to the club not having to Buy the player from a club. I'm no expert but that's what it seems like. So therefore those extra running costs need to be taken in to consideration.

Comment

I've got the bit between my teeth now
                  If my mate gives me his car for free but says in payment I just give him £1 for every litre of petrol I use, do I say that is a totally free car?
                  I also have exactly the same car that I bought for £2000.
                  When I compare the 2 cars do I say that one car cost me 2k and the other is free because you don't take into account running costs?
                  Of course not.

Comment

Working...
                  X