Memories of Wardley, Kiwomya and Ledesma as QPR face Walsall – history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of Wardley, Kiwomya and Ledesma as QPR face Walsall – history

It's been more than a decade since QPR and Walsall last met in a competitive fixture. Stuart Wardley and Chris Kiwomya scored in both league meetings in 1999/00 as Gerry Francis' bargain basement side staged an unlikely play off push.

More...

memories, more like nightmares, Wardley you could see was never going to be a top player, when he was banging in the goals it was a bit of a surprise to everyone, more so when clubs were reputed to be offering over £100,000 for him, big bucks for us at the time. Francis decided not to sale and I believe he left for Orient at a fraction of that, big mistake by Gerry imho
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Biggest memory of Walsall is Kevin Gallrb missing from point blank and clearing the roof of away stand. Must have been mid to late 90s. Gallens first spell at rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by mork View Post
        Biggest memory of Walsall is Kevin Gallrb missing from point blank and clearing the roof of away stand. Must have been mid to late 90s. Gallens first spell at rangers.
        Don't remember him
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Best memory for me was the lovely supporters club bar next to the ground, pie and chips and a pint for £2.50 very nice indeed. Great supporters as well very friendly

Being able to park 15 yards from the away turnstile was a nice bonus as well
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
          X