Would you rather us do a Man City??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather us do a Man City??

Back when Flavio and Co took us over the consensus of opinion was that people didn't want us to "do a Chelsea" and go out buying our way to success is the same way that Man City and even Notts County are now.
    Personally I would rather the owners carry on the way they are, picking up free transfers and loans. WHY should the owners splash out 3-4 million on a striker that if we get promoted will probably not be good enough for the premiership anyway.
    Look at the team we have now compared to the team we had when Flav and co took over, its a vast improvement with not a great deal of transfer fees paid. The players we have now are very likely to be on higher wages than the players we had so dont say the board are not spending the money.
    I'm sure that Jim knows where improvement is needed, but who is out there that fits the bill? Premiership teams generally do not want to loan out there players until a few games into the season so maybe something has already been lined up.
    We have no divine right to be in the Premiership, its up to us as supporters to do our bit and get behind the team at every opportunity we can whether you go to every game or can only manage a few. WE ARE QPR!!
    Don't you just love Gianni "I've never done nothing wrong for this club" Paladini..

Originally posted by weston View Post
    Back when Flavio and Co took us over the consensus of opinion was that people didn't want us to "do a Chelsea" and go out buying our way to success is the same way that Man City and even Notts County are now.
    Personally I would rather the owners carry on the way they are, picking up free transfers and loans. WHY should the owners splash out 3-4 million on a striker that if we get promoted will probably not be good enough for the premiership anyway.
    Look at the team we have now compared to the team we had when Flav and co took over, its a vast improvement with not a great deal of transfer fees paid. The players we have now are very likely to be on higher wages than the players we had so dont say the board are not spending the money.
    I'm sure that Jim knows where improvement is needed, but who is out there that fits the bill? Premiership teams generally do not want to loan out there players until a few games into the season so maybe something has already been lined up.
    We have no divine right to be in the Premiership, its up to us as supporters to do our bit and get behind the team at every opportunity we can whether you go to every game or can only manage a few. WE ARE QPR!!
    Your type of common sense is not wanted here mate. so B****R of.
    I might not agree with what you say,
    but i will defend your right to say it.

Comment

Some good points made there,it does make me laugh when some start demanding on one hand that we should spend a million or so on Cox or Beckford or Hooper but on other threads say that we should keep within our means and always look for talent from the lower leagues completely contradicting themselves.

I am not quite that thick to believe we spent anything like 3.5 million on Faurlin and if we had in fact done so then I believe we could and should have invested it in a striker, a full back and perhaps even a back up keeper instead but does it really matter what we demand for the team as it will never be us writing out the cheques?

You just know also that some are so sad that any player linked to us will straight away be checked to see if he is on the books of Base

Comment

To answer your question: Yes.

Looks like fun.

Comment

I'll be honest, if i turned on the computer tomorrow and saw on offish we had spent 3 or 4 million on a striker i would be over the moon....

Take that however you want.
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I'm somewhere in the middle.

I'd hate us to throw 100m on 5 players.

But 2-3m on a striker would be nice.
            We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post

Even 1 milliion on a striker would be nice

Comment

Spending 2/3 million on a striker, is not exactly doing a Chealsea or Man city now is it.

I would be happy with a decent loan......ANYTHING.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

You cannot do a Manchester City in the championship. You might get a striker for say 1-4 million, but you have to consider wages.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    You cannot do a Manchester City in the championship. You might get a striker for say 1-4 million, but you have to consider wages.
                    And he has to come from BASE of course or what would some moan about this week?

Seriously though we need a striker now and time is running out fast :(

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                      And he has to come from BASE of course or what would some moan about this week?

Seriously though we need a striker now and time is running out fast :(
                      couldn't give a dam if he came from Base, the moon or even planet Zod as long as he can put the ball in the old onion bag

as for doing a Man City.................Please, spending 2 or 3million on a forward in NOT doing a Man City, far from it, it's just spending what other top championship clubs are spending.

Comment

Spending 100m on 5 players is 'doing a Man City'.

That's what I said I wouldn't want.
                        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

If we'd have just bought,tevez,Santa cruz,Robinho,shay given,Wright phillips,Toure....you would have no complaints from me

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post

I don't want no Chelsea or City going on here, I love QPR so I wouldn't want that, however 1 to 2 million every now and then is OK.

Once we get up there the board have NO choice but to spend 50 million to keep us there.

Every club in that division is doing the same thing!

Comment

3 million on a striker is hardly doing a chelsea or man city.

Comment

Working...
                              X