Legietwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legietwood

Wasnt a bad player for us early doors but just shows how a players confidence can be shot to pieces when the fans get on their backs, last game he played for us he looked a bag of nerves , but he's now a regular starter in the fakes and from what i hear doing ok, basically what i'm saying is support the team/players, i was pissed off with the sarcastic cheers Green received when collecting the ball, thats really gonna help! Rant over.

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
    Wasnt a bad player for us early doors but just shows how a players confidence can be shot to pieces when the fans get on their backs, last game he played for us he looked a bag of nerves , but he's now a regular starter in the fakes and from what i hear doing ok, basically what i'm saying is support the team/players, i was pissed off with the sarcastic cheers Green received when collecting the ball, thats really gonna help! Rant over.
    Yeah, one of a long list of players that who's confidence have been destroyed by the fans. I always liked him as player and could never understand why he took so much abuse. Unfortunately I think we have done the same to SWP and Rob Green could be next if he doesn't improve!

Comment

Did not call him 'Legs of Wood' for nothing

If a player is performing poorly game after game its only right we demand better players and look were we are now a few years on after making them demands

You cant just sit back and not comment on a player because your afraid you might hurt his feelings

Its how we get better and move on

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
        Did not call him 'Legs of Wood' for nothing

If a player is performing poorly game after game its only right we demand better players and look were we are now a few years on after making them demands

You cant just sit back and not comment on a player because your afraid you might hurt his feelings

Its how we get better and move on
        You're saying that by booing a player who is giving his all for the team we are in some way contributing to our success by weeding out the bad players? Sorry mate but that is utter tripe!

All we are doing is negatively affecting a players confidence. Leigertwood wasn't Steven Gerrard but he certainly isn't the worst player we've had in our squad over the last few years and in my eyes offered more than a couple of players we have on our books at the moment!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 23-08-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          You're saying that by booing a player who is giving his all for the team we are in some way contributing to our success by weeding out the bad players? Sorry mate but that is utter tripe!

All we are doing is negatively affecting a players confidence. Leigertwood wasn't Steven Gerrard but he certainly isn't the worse player we've had in our squad over the last few years and in my eyes offered more than a couple of players we have on our books at the moment!
          Can you quote were I stated booing is the answer?

You would be happy if he was still playing for us then?

Comment

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
              Can you quote were I stated booing is the answer?

You would be happy if he was still playing for us then?
              Look at the original post mate.......we're talking about getting on players backs i.e. booing them.

To be honest I think Leigertwood could have played his part over the last 18 months. I think he would have added more to the squad than someone like Hogan Ephraim!

Comment

This is why we are lucky to have fans that demand more as would still be stuck with Legs of Wood and Ageymang in the Championship at this point in time if we was docile and not want more from the club

Comment

People, we've gone through this whole debate about supporting / abusing players regarding Green in the last few days.... let's not repeat it about a past player.

Comment

Working...
                  X