Warnock/Hughes when they first came in....difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock/Hughes when they first came in....difference

When Warnock first came one of our biggest problems was our defence and he got that sorted. He brought in Orr and Hill plus Paddy Kenny to go along with Gorks and Connolly. All of them were solid players who were all good at defending. From a good defence you always have a chance in the game. This defence of 5 was to serve us very well in the Championship contributing to 23 clean sheets. This base allowed our offensive players to do their stuff. Always a recipe for a successful side.

Now Hughes has come in and has brought in defenders who like to attack, but can't defend like Fabio and Bosingwa. Plus Onuhua, Ferdinand and Hill fill me with no confidence for a whole season. Plus he has brought in a very suspect keeper. We have enough attacking talent in the side not to have our defenders getting forward and being caught out of position. We needed to have a proper keeper and 4 defenders who can actually defend rather than bomb forward. By sorting out the defence you always have a chance in games. With defenders that we have we are always going to allow the opposition chances. This should have been rectified over the summer as it was our biggest problem last season!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

I reckon they will work on the defines this week.... I'm no expert though...
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I think he wanted the lot who played in defence last seaon a chance to prove themselves before buying new ones. I´m not sure have this has worked out, but if you look back at Swansea match one can only speculate,lol.I Did also notice that the midfield struggled with their positional play as well. But if Mackie had scored on the 10 minute mark, it could actually have been another story.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

We have a proper keeper. Green will come good and this constant abuse he is getting after 1 mistake in a 5 nil mauling is ridiculous. SWP got it last season, countless players have got it before. For once can we not kill a player before he has a chance to settle in, play asome games and establish himself.

If we bring in a CB, then we have the players in the squad to form a strong back 4. Lets not forget Warnock's whole team defended (well apart from Taarabt), which made the jobs of Orr, Hill, Connors and Gorkss alot easier.

I am concerned that the defense hasn't been fixed by now, but thats not Green's fault, its Hughes and his backroom staff.

Comment

I do really hope people will stop abusing Green. When I read about things like this, it doesnt excatly make me want to visit Loftus Road. Being my favourit team and all..

Shame on those people who makes the player in question and the whole team in general even more vulnerable of letting goals in.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Working...
          X