The Springbok before the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    am i the only one who`s got no idea what that means ?
    and on the subject , theres no way i could have put up with a lifetime of Rangers with no pre match alcohol.
    What, a split infinitive?...Sure you want know? ok,as you've asked, let me explain.....an infinitive is the basic root of any verb (a doing word), ie to run, to walk, to cry, to go etc, and in this case, to drink....to split that infinitive in a sentence is bad grammar..ie putting an adjective(a desriptive word), between the "to" and the verb. The adjective should always come before or after the infinitive. A good (or bad example as it happens) is Star Trek...To Boldly Go...always gets me to hear that! There you go, bet you wished you never asked now eh!

Comment

does isleworth go on a diet?
      will he give up the booze?
      does twranger even care what a split infinitive is really?

the answers to all this and much more on next weeks show....
      I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

Springbok was always Rs. Dunno how many people see it with affection these days.

Comment

personally think it's sacrilege to drink from a plastic cup, especially the price we are expecte to pay for it, be doing my pre-match drinking away from the bush this season
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

the old goldsmiths in east acton is close enough to walk to and some decent grub n lunch time snatch in there!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
              the old goldsmiths in east acton is close enough to walk to and some decent grub n lunch time snatch in there!
              Its like a harvester now less the salad bar. Decent boozer big bear garden to get lost in and take liberties

Comment

theres no doubt

theres no doubt that the springbok has been destroyed by the plastic glasses and the being kept in on a scorching day
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  personally think it's sacrilege to drink from a plastic cup, especially the price we are expecte to pay for it, be doing my pre-match drinking away from the bush this season
                  also "plasticing" someone just hasnt got the same ring to it.
                  "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                  London Pride is a flower that's free.
                  London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                  And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

the spring bok has got to be the most miserable drinking experience going. I hate that gaff and will only ever drink there if i am desperate. I mean talk about a **** hole , it makes you wonder how these places stay in business

Comment

its so very hard

its so very hard to run that pub because,its got a big rent and the trade without the football isnt very high,so basically they are in financial trouble,and they are just living on a hope that things will improve which of course they never will recently a man took the pub over and he had all these dreams but then he went broke, so we end up with a pub full of broken dreams ,i can see it being made into either a completely differant pub all together or being knocked down and turned into a block of flats,I dont know what is going to happen to the smuts looks like it will never re open,and the springbok will probabley end up the same way

.................so in three years time a block of flats

.................................................. ......which is very sad,all those memories disapear...

............but a new history is to be written...........one full of hope and glory
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

i like your plot summaries ted.you should go through every single thread ever started on here and add your summary at the end.
                        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                        London Pride is a flower that's free.
                        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                          What, a split infinitive?...Sure you want know? ok,as you've asked, let me explain.....an infinitive is the basic root of any verb (a doing word), ie to run, to walk, to cry, to go etc, and in this case, to drink....to split that infinitive in a sentence is bad grammar..ie putting an adjective(a desriptive word), between the "to" and the verb. The adjective should always come before or after the infinitive. A good (or bad example as it happens) is Star Trek...To Boldly Go...always gets me to hear that! There you go, bet you wished you never asked now eh!
                          Cheers for that fella, i`m none the wiser ,but i`m sure you mean well !
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            Cheers for that fella, i`m none the wiser ,but i`m sure you mean well !
                            haha its just Janet and John stuff to be honest - basic grammar skills I suppose!... Anyway,I always mean well! Cheers.

Comment

tough pub to run, think its had its day, the drinkers have all moved away from the estate
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                              X