big mac clapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big mac clapping?

wasnt there ment to be on 5 mins clapping for macca, i was in the upper loft and few of us did but it was very poor!!!
    LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
    wasnt there ment to be on 5 mins clapping for macca, i was in the upper loft and few of us did but it was very poor!!!
    Dont think many in the ground were aware of it as not as many read the messageboards as we think

Comment

Badly advertised, a few of us did in upper loft where I was but not many, I suppose when they did it at the start people might have thought that was it!

Comment

Originally posted by robloft View Post
        Badly advertised, a few of us did in upper loft where I was but not many, I suppose when they did it at the start people might have thought that was it!
        To be fair to the club it was not their idea and was just something that had been suggested on various messageboards though I think they could have perhaps picked up on the idea and maybe at least put his image up on the big screens during the 5th minute

Comment

Not many knew about it. Although in the 5th minute they did put a picture of him up on the screen.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
            Not many knew about it. Although in the 5th minute they did put a picture of him up on the screen.
            Are you sure mate as I missed that?

Comment

i sit right at the back of the upper loft so i cant see the screen.

Comment

There was singing of his name in X block,

Comment

We started to clap in the lower loft at 5 mins but then rangers attacked with JI Sung Park and it got washed away in the excitment.
                  Shame
                  it was a good idea but never going to work. The minutes applause was fantastic and Swansea to a man joined in

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                    Are you sure mate as I missed that?
                    Yes it was up there.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I was right in the corner of the west paddock and stood up on the 5th minute to start the applause. I was the only one who got up. Bloke behind me asked me to sit down so I told him why I was standing. His son said yes, we're supposed to applaud Macca, then the bloke pointed out no one else was, so I sat down. The Swansea fans stood and applauded before the start, so fair play to them.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Instead of clapping on 5 minutes it was decided to reflect Macca's number in the scoreline.

Comment

Originally posted by padstow View Post
                          Instead of clapping on 5 minutes it was decided to reflect Macca's number in the scoreline.
                          Grim laugh.

Comment

gallows humour!

Comment

brave. but i found it funny pal.

Comment

Working...
                              X