Leadership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadership?

I am not sure what finally convinced Hughes that Park should be the captain, perhaps:

1. He came from United so might command respect?

2. He has won everything in the English game plus the Champions League?

3. He'll be a big hit with the Asian fans?

But throughout the game you could not see him barking out orders and telling players who were playing dreadful to get their act together.

Park had a decent game, but we got completely over run I thought in the middle.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    I am not sure what finally convinced Hughes that Park should be the captain, perhaps:

1. He came from United so might command respect?

2. He has won everything in the English game plus the Champions League?

3. He'll be a big hit with the Asian fans?

But throughout the game you could not see him barking out orders and telling players who were playing dreadful to get their act together.

Park had a decent game, but we got completely over run I thought in the middle.
    This is where Barton comes in.

Comment

Well Barton won't be playing for us again after his latest strop on Twitter.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Most of the team still getting to know each other out on the field, one or two probably need to let rip at it each other to get them fired up and communicating.

Comment

Very valid points.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Shirt sales

End of

Personally I'd rather have a shirt with Shaun Derry on it
            I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't written into his contract and Hughes etc knew well well before 2pm yesterday who it was.

Park isn't going to shout and bark orders.

Comment

Plus with park captain he will play majority of games. If he is to play cm then means one of samba/faurlin will not.

For me samba and faurlin (once fit) is our best cm partnership

Comment

I agree Dave.

JSP will 100% command respect for his footballing abilities but for leadership skills I'm not so sure.

We all know when Adel was skipper it was an ego thing to keep him happy as other real leaders were on the pitch but who have we got now to be that person? Only Hill has that slightly & even he's not that vocal.

Nelsen may have been a better option.

Comment

Working...
                  X