Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need another striker?

I would say we do..

Clearly Bothroyd is on his way out, HH has gone, MH clearly doesnt have much planned for DJ Campbell.. And yes i am leaving Hulse out of this on purpose.

So, we are left with three realistic options as out and out strikers, Djib, Bobby, and AJ.

Surely we need someone else?
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

I will be happy to see Berbatov coming.

Comment

As you say, just three recognised strikers, one of them already injured and one who spends a fair bit of time on the treatment table. I'd like to see Mackie have a go up front prior to us signing someone.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

We could do with a young striker with some potential. One that would be happy with not being first choice and could learn from Bobbie, Djibril & AJ.

I think we're playing a risky game going into the season with 3 out and out strikers, especially when all are over 30 and 1 has a history of injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
          I would say we do..

Clearly Bothroyd is on his way out, HH has gone, MH clearly doesnt have much planned for DJ Campbell.. And yes i am leaving Hulse out of this on purpose.

So, we are left with three realistic options as out and out strikers, Djib, Bobby, and AJ.

Surely we need someone else?
          TBH - Where do we stop?

If you'd have told me that we'd have this squad after the end of last season, let alone at the start of last season..... then I'd have ripped your arm orf...... after telling you that you'd been on the old funny stuff.

So would I like another striker? Well yes....... Rooney would be nice.

Do we need one? Probably not....... I think that it is now time for those that we have (including the manager) to step up to the plate and show that they're worth their wages...... because we really should be scoring for fun given the midfield that we have........

Comment

Yes we do,and then we will be fine for next season,Berb of Dafoe would be great

Comment

Andy Carroll for me
              Kept the faith!

Comment

We have nobody else in the Zamora mould now that HH has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                  TBH - Where do we stop?

If you'd have told me that we'd have this squad after the end of last season, let alone at the start of last season..... then I'd have ripped your arm orf...... after telling you that you'd been on the old funny stuff.

So would I like another striker? Well yes....... Rooney would be nice.

Do we need one? Probably not....... I think that it is now time for those that we have (including the manager) to step up to the plate and show that they're worth their wages...... because we really should be scoring for fun given the midfield that we have........
                  Have to disagree with you here. One striker has already left and three are being frozen out. I don't think we can realistically go into a long season with just three. At some point we'll have to bring one in.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Of course it would be fantastic to have another recognised striker in the squad (Defoe, Berbatov or whoever) but I also think that for a fair few games this season we will play with one up top and have either Mackie or Adel in behind.

ps. I never thought the day would come when I would casually type 'Defoe' or 'Berbatov' on a QPR forum!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      Have to disagree with you here. One striker has already left and three are being frozen out. I don't think we can realistically go into a long season with just three. At some point we'll have to bring one in.
                      Fair enough.

But Mackie can do a job as striker. In fact - he's a much more natural striker than he is a winger/RM. A very effective poacher to say the least....... as he has shown on a number of times last season. it's just that we've had to play him on the right through a lack of decent options.

Going back to my point - with the midfield that we have we literally just need someone in there to get a head or leg on it..... and we have at least four who can do that well. Would have been five if the Iceman hadn't got sold.......

Comment

If we could get a top rate striker like Cisse yes. However see not point in getting a striker just to make up the numbers.

Comment

Looking at the squad I could see Hughes using a 4-3-3 formation with 3 central midfielders, 1 out and out striker and 2 wide men. I think with the likes of Taarabt, Wright-Phillips, Mackie, Hoillet and possibly even Dyer capable of playing in the wide roles I think we are well stocked with attacking options if utilising a 4-3-3.

Comment

i reckon we will look something like this
                            ...................................green.......... ...............
                            .................................................. ....................
                            ...............ferdinand..................(newy).. ..............
                            Bosingwa.......................................... .Troare.....
                            ................. diakite....... park.......................
                            .................................................. ..................
                            .......................taraabt.................... ..............
                            wright phillips............................Hoilett....... ...
                            .................................................. .................
                            .................................................. .................
                            .........................Cisse.................... ..............

I reckon the team will be something like that, fabio backup for the full backs. onunha and hill back ups for center back. faurlin, park diakite and maybe ki to go at the center mid with derry back up. mackie swp, hoilett, taraabt and park in contention for the three attacking positions and then cisse to start up front and zamora/ johnson to replace him after a hour most games. Any one agree?

Comment

Working...
                            X