Tony Fernandes statement re player signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fernandes statement re player signings

“Let me make it clear that we’re not going to sign a player just because it’s good for AirAsia or our sponsors.”

More...

He said himself that it was his suggestion to sign Park from united - but to say that was only for commercial reasons is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
      He said himself that it was his suggestion to sign Park from united - but to say that was only for commercial reasons is beyond me.
      He didnt say that did he? Im sure the interview I saw said he suggested Park to Sparkie, who has final say over all signings and he would never sign a player purely for commercial reasons. Sparkie apparently jumped at the chance to sign him - and rightly so too.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

IMO,No, he didn´t say that. The statement was apperantly made to avoid such speculations regarding future signings. Just my take at it, though.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          He didnt say that did he? Im sure the interview I saw said he suggested Park to Sparkie, who has final say over all signings and he would never sign a player purely for commercial reasons. Sparkie apparently jumped at the chance to sign him - and rightly so too.
          Correct Matty.

Comment

That's about it. He suggested Park to Mark as an option, in other words, "what do you think about park Ji Sung, is he someone you'd like to improve the squad? If so he could do wonders for us gloabally also and be a massive win win situation"

MH's repsonse probably along the lines of, "if you think we can get him then absolutely"!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              That's about it. He suggested Park to Mark as an option, in other words, "what do you think about park Ji Sung, is he someone you'd like to improve the squad? If so he could do wonders for us gloabally also and be a massive win win situation"

MH's repsonse probably along the lines of, "if you think we can get him then absolutely"!
              Exactly - although I cant help but think Sparkie's reply may have been alot more along the lines of:

"Farking right he would Tony, Ill get on the blower to old Strawberry nose right away !"

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think this article was more about Ki. My conclusion was that we might not be that interested in signing him. Celtic management did say in an article some time ago that they had had discussions with the club but the club had not got back to them.

Comment

''but to say that was only for commercial reasons is beyond me.''

Was pointing out to those who says that Park is past and the signing is only for the sake of AirAsia.

Comment

I was shot down when i mentioned this numerous times previosly

Comment

In the article in the Standard with MH today (see other posting) MH says about Park

United.

“He is a statement of what we’re trying to do. We’re trying to be a club that has the ability to attract top players. A key player for many seasons for United, he was always involved in the crucial games, a player you could trust. He has the right attitude, right ability and can affect games at the highest level. He also gives us credibility.”

This doesn't sound like the was "forced" to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                        I think this article was more about Ki. My conclusion was that we might not be that interested in signing him. Celtic management did say in an article some time ago that they had had discussions with the club but the club had not got back to them.
                        Agreed!
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

''Fernandes has also promised to add "three or four" players to the R's squad before the transfer window closes on August 31.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...bRAX4mImsWo.99

Sounds good to me! its boring waiting & hoping someone will sign! im addicted to transfers...

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
                            ''Fernandes has also promised to add "three or four" players to the R's squad before the transfer window closes on August 31.

Sounds good to me! its boring waiting & hoping someone will sign! im addicted to transfers...
                            True, except that article is from August 19, 2011 and contains a large picture of Neil Warnock as our manager

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post

That article is from last summer....

Comment

Working...
                              X