Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talking of Flavio - thoughts of Piquet ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking of Flavio - thoughts of Piquet ....

..."If you listen to the pit wall radio, it's like a joke; he hasn't got a clue what is happening in the race - sometimes he asks if a driver has slick or wet tyres when it is obvious." In Hungary, with the other Renault of Fernando Alonso out of the race in the early stages, television viewers were greeted by shots of Briatore leaving the circuit as Piquet continued in the race.

"Everyone knows that his ego is bigger than anything else," the 24-year-old Brazilian continued. "He likes to show off. You can be a very good businessman and whatever, but the F1 team itself can do very well without him. When I first started he would attend all of the meetings and briefings, but taking away the business side, he makes comments that don't make any sense.

The two men have been at loggerheads for the majority of the 2009 season
    "The only good thing the team takes out of him is his good relationship with Bernie (Ecclestone, F1 commercial rights holder) and the FIA (governing body of the sport). Other than that, he doesn't know what is going on. It's like listening to something my sister would say about the car. Pat Symonds is the guy who really understands what is going on with the team."

... does this ring any bells at QPR - ding... dong as my mate Leslie Phillips would have said.
    Remember Gillard!!

Ouch.

Comment

Who offered Pat Symonds the job?

If you look at the History Flavio has done wonders in one of the hardest sports to compete in, no one can take that away from him, not even us Rangers fans.

He knows how to build a winning team even if he don't know how to do it himself, the stats don't lie. In regards to QPR he has another two partners so it's not as easy as 123.

Comment

Yep but the remark about ordering this or than and not really understanding the issues does seem to tie in with all those rumours - true or not i just don't know - about providing team sheets with 13 names on etc

Comment

Haha good read.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Is Flavio the most arrogant fool in sport?

Comment

Is Piquet the biggest cry baby?

He's been sacked for getting 0 points. If he was as good at driving as he is about whinging about FB, he might still be in a job.
              We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

If I was Flavio I would have got rid of him a few races before, what took him so long?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

He knows how to build a winning team even if he don't know how to do it himself, the stats don't lie. In regards to QPR he has another two partners so it's not as easy as 123.
                  If he knows how to build a winning team, why sell your top goalscorer without replacing him?
                  Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------
                  https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

he's a sporting genius in his own mind....

Comment

MYU
                      you say he has others around him. He has Bernie and Lakshmil, but do you honestly think he would, or his ego allow him to be told what to do by others?
                      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
                        Is Piquet the biggest cry baby?

He's been sacked for getting 0 points. If he was as good at driving as he is about whinging about FB, he might still be in a job.
                        He got 19 last year and finished above Button and Coulthard. Much probably rests with the facilities available to him - the car. You don't go from good to crap overnight without good reason - but then again look at HH
                        Remember Gillard!!

Comment

Originally posted by abbeylands View Post
                          He got 19 last year and finished above Button and Coulthard. Much probably rests with the facilities available to him - the car. You don't go from good to crap overnight without good reason - but then again look at HH

HH was never good in the first place...

As for Piquet, i think he has had many a break becasue of who his dad is and people are now just beginning to see through it all. As for the facilities, well alonso shows what is possible with the car at least.

He's just coming out of this looking like a spoilt child who hasn;t got his way so throwing his toys out the pram. Pathetic really.

Comment

Originally posted by abbeylands View Post
                            That's true, however Flav knew as much about F1 last year as he does this year, and Piquet was not throwing his toys out of the pram at that stage was he?

All sounds a bit like sour grapes to me, and he might have been well advised to think about what team bosses would want to employ a crybaby who wants to blame everyone else for his failure to achieve results.

Comment

I'm sure if they buy or sell players its discussed with the board first, however if Flavio was just doing as he wanted then can you see the board sticking around?

Comment

Working...
                              X