Bellamy Rejects QPR's £60,000 a Week Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellamy Rejects QPR's £60,000 a Week Offer

£60k a week for a 33 year old. Thank f@ck he turned us down.

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=1226933/

Paper waffle as usual.

Comment

I'm pleased to see that he will not sign for QPR. He is not really needed and 60k is a hell of a lot for a 33 year old who may or even play frequently.

Comment

Apparently he's accepted £30k-a-week to join Cardiff...Forgot where I saw this though
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

If this is true then I'm really starting to worry about the size of the wages we pay. I understand we need to spend a fair bit on them but christ, its unnecessarily over the top
          We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
          @Deadend_Friend

Comment

The dreaded Naawich (I know I shouldn't mention that name around here) allegedly have a wage ceiling of £20k, can't understand why we have to be offering double plus to entice players here who should be bloody glad they're being given the chance to join the rev!!
            I worry about the economics of our club too; hope TF is as healthy as his ambitions!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              £60k a week for a 33 year old. Thank f@ck he turned us down.

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=1226933/
              Yeah becasuse our very astute board always tell the media what our proposed contracts to players are don't they.....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                Yeah becasuse our very astute board always tell the media what our proposed contracts to players are don't they.....
                Exactly, tabloid bullsh*t as usual!

The fact is that nobody other than Mark Hughes, the QPR board, Bellamy & Bellamy's agent know what was offered to him. The only person who could possibly gain out of those guys by putting the story public is the agent and who would trust a word that comes out of a football agents mouth?!!!

The Sun, the Mirror, the People, the Mail......it's all garbage, they take a little bit of fact and dress it up with some hear say and some big numbers. It all needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt!

Comment

Why would we sign both Bellamy & Hoilett and pay both similarly high wages when only 1 can play the wide left/strikers role ?
                  Besides Adel isn't bad cutting in from wide left.

I'd rather we give DJ another chance, he seems to have his shooting boots on.
                  We could then use that saved wage to nail Samba.

Comment

So you think players, agents, clubs don't speak to & have friends in the media?

Oh rigggght.

Comment

Ric 60 large a week is rubbish...do you know why.. Cause he would of bitten our hand off for that a week..
                      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                        So you think players, agents, clubs don't speak to & have friends in the media?

Oh rigggght.
                        Ric, of course there are others who would know and potentially leak said ifo, but normally there would be an agenda to so so to bump up offers elsewhere. If the other suggested report that's he's accepting half that to go to Cardiff, it doesn't ring true as nobody would benefit by doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                          Why would we sign both Bellamy & Hoilett and pay both similarly high wages when only 1 can play the wide left/strikers role ?
                          Besides Adel isn't bad cutting in from wide left.

I'd rather we give DJ another chance, he seems to have his shooting boots on.
                          We could then use that saved wage to nail Samba.
                          Dj is to fat lol that's what my mum said when she went to see us play Hampton lol

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            I'm pleased to see that he will not sign for QPR. He is not really needed and 60k is a hell of a lot for a 33 year old who may or even play frequently.
                            Agree
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Ric, of course there are others who would know and potentially leak said ifo, but normally there would be an agenda to so so to bump up offers elsewhere. If the other suggested report that's he's accepting half that to go to Cardiff, it doesn't ring true as nobody would benefit by doing so.
                              ...knowing cardiff fans, it is entirely possible that he'd want it known that he turned down much better offers to become their top earner (for when they turn on him).

£60k is way way way too much, but i'm surprised that bellamy is on his way back to the championship - i thought he looked a much poorer player in a championship side than he has ever done when playing at premiership level.

Comment

Working...
                              X