Alan McDonald - Swansea Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan McDonald - Swansea Game.

Whilst I can’t wait for the first game of the season I hope the club realize that we all want to remember the passing of the late great Alan McDonald at this game with a minutes applause before the game against Swansea.

I also thought it would be a great tribute to the man that on the 5 min mark during the game seeing as Macca played number 5 for us we remember him by singing “ Alan McDonald “ for a full 5 minutes.

Let’s not allow 17 wonderful years service go by without acknowledging what this man meant to us all.

You R’s.

I agree

Comment

great idea! saw someone re-tweet it on twitter. If the Nou Camp can do it for Abidal we can do it for Macca
      CHAMPIONS
      Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

yer needs to be done..

Comment

Given the club have named a plane after him, i would be very surprised if they don't intend a minutes silence / applause for him at the first game.

As for the singing, the fans can instigate that obviously. Would be good if someone at the club put his picture on the big screen at the appropriate time though, obviously.

Comment

Great shout... we should definately get this going.

Comment

Fitting Tribute to the Big Man!!
              http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

I have put this out on twitter too to get it moving more

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                  Whilst I can’t wait for the first game of the season I hope the club realize that we all want to remember the passing of the late great Alan McDonald at this game with a minutes applause before the game against Swansea.

I also thought it would be a great tribute to the man that on the 5 min mark during the game seeing as Macca played number 5 for us we remember him by singing “ Alan McDonald “ for a full 5 minutes.

Let’s not allow 17 wonderful years service go by without acknowledging what this man meant to us all.

You R’s.
                  What's with this "minute's applause shyte"?
                  How about a good, old-fashioned, dignified, minutes silence?

Comment

i think this is very good idea, i think a 1 minute applause would be brilliant

Comment

Pretty sure something will go ahead to honour a club legend

Comment

it needs to be done as a mark of respect

Comment

Yes, I'm sure the club will as they seem to be in tune with the fans these days.

Comment

Agreed.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

I agree we should definitely honour Macca in some way.....
                              but ......not in a way that might possibly distract the players... ie, clapping for 5 minutes during the game, eyes off the ball for a minute while they wonder whats going on, and bang we are 1-0 down

Just a thought.. maybe a tribute before the game may be more appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                              X