Ryan Nelson....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Nelson....

Was lucky enough to take the family to the Olympic Stadium last night and what an amazing time we had.. However, that is incidental to my point as we stayed at some friends in Barnes (very posh) anyway, the couple we stayed with the chap (Franc) is a Kiwi cameraman who was telling me that he interviewed RN at LR recently (within the past week or so) and he was saying what a National hero he is back in NZ and how he is as fit as a fiddle for his age and how well he marshals their back four... Back in NZ the feeling is that if they get a 1 goal lead then RN usually makes sure that they hold on and don't concede a goal...

Anyway, basically he reckons that we have a fab defender whose nouse and fitness levels etc will rub off on the team and that we have a tasty defender on our hands if anyone is interested.....

Very highly rated and respected in the footballing world. Just read what 'Arry had to say about him a few months back:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football...sen_21651.html

Think we've got ourselves a quality CB tbh, albeit in his twilight years.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, it was clear how key he was for them in the Olympics so it's good to get that confirmed by what you said.

I really didn't want him signed tbh but the more I see him the more impressed I am, I'm really happy he's signed you know.

Let's not forget he's been solid at Blackburn for years and years, the only year he didn't play they went down
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Forget to say that my mate Franc was saying how 'nice' LR is these days and since he was last there around 18monhs ago he reckons the place has had a spruce up.... Still, personally I think the place is a sh1t hole and can't wait until we have a new ground.... Don't get me wrong I love it when the atmosphere is great after a famous win etc but the facilities such as they are (as we all know) are pretty basic and the queue to get out is ridulous.... After having sampled the Olympic Stadium last night it puts into perspective just how awful LR is.....:(

Comment

can he do the haka???
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            can he do the haka???
            Yes... And the Rumba too....

Comment

i honestly (but without any expertise in the matter) think that fitness these days
              is objective and scientific....if you pass the tests, your good to go

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                i honestly (but without any expertise in the matter) think that fitness these days
                is objective and scientific....if you pass the tests, your good to go
                agreed...gone are the days of an half time woodbine n pie n chips pre match meal!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  agreed...gone are the days of an half time woodbine n pie n chips pre match meal!
                  I think somebody forgot to tell Agyemang this!
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Watched him against Belerus at the Ricoh. Played v well and controlled defence, very vocal. Won't play all games but good signing.

Comment

Originally posted by mork View Post
                      Watched him against Belerus at the Ricoh. Played v well and controlled defence, very vocal. Won't play all games but good signing.
                      In a nutshell that's what my mate was saying....

Comment

he sounds like some one anton needs to play next to

Comment

Working...
                        X