View on Premier league dominance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View on Premier league dominance

Ive had this conversation with my mates a few times when having a drink, basically weather you think that clubs of our stature will be able to challenge for the top spot in 5, 10 or even 15+ years.

The two main interests in this topic are QPR and Liverpool. For different reasons of course. I am of the opinion that it's exciting times for QPR, but it will still take time for QPR to build, whereas Liverpool have had their darker days.

I think Liverpool will take much less time to pick up and could find themselves competing again in 5 years or so.

QPR on the other hand will be building for the next 10 years I think, it's quite possible that the dynamics of the league shift a few times whilst we are making ourselves a permanent fixture in it.

We need a good couple of cup runs in the next few years and optimistically speaking a trophy within 10, it would be helpful but not essential of course. I would just like to see QPR as more of a recognized brand to be quite honest. I'm not particularly bothered about challenging Manchester united/city, Chelsea and Arsenal just yet, unlike my Liverpool friend.

Just looking for opinions really, how do you feel about QPR competing in this league and the challenge we should mount against the big guns? And to a lesser extent Liverpool (for pub ammo more than anything)
    QPR, remember that name, you'll be cursing it later

No club was born great. Every club had to start at the bottom, before working their way to the top.
    We can do it, others have.

Comment

Pretty clear that TF/AB and Co are gearing up for a tilt at the title over the next 5-10 years. It will be heavily dependant on marketing the club in Asia and moving to a new stadium etc... Lots of pitfalls but so much better than the last 15 or so years.

Comment

I think our club is going to be great for the next generation of fans.
        Queens Park Rangers, simply the best.

Comment

The financial fair play rules might stop smaller clubs becoming successful. They're designed to keep the big clubs big and to stop anyone else stepping on their toes. That's why it's so important for the club to increase revenues with marketing and a new stadium.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
          X