Why all the fuss about samba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the fuss about samba

Great player don't get me wrong would have him here in a heartbeat , but would rather spend the reported 12 million on a centre back and a right back could get two more than decent players for that , Douglas and naughton anyone?

yer i agree...seems to be over hyped on this site imo.

Comment

Would love Douglas all day long, and like you said, would allow us to bring in a right back too.

Comment

Clueless

If you would of watched the matches when he was playing for Blackburn you would be like most of us getting excited he might join us

Better then any defender we have now

Comment

We have got right backs of decent quality

what we lack is a strong centreback who can play a bit and is dominant in the air and will also contribute with goals from set peices and corners. Samba is probably as good as anyone out there and fits the bill perfectly
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I wasn't disputing how good he is but think 12 million is to much when we could get two players who would make the squad significantly better , Douglas is a younger version of samba the guy is a man mountain and available for four million

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
              We have got right backs of decent quality

what we lack is a strong centreback who can play a bit and is dominant in the air and will also contribute with goals from set peices and corners. Samba is probably as good as anyone out there and fits the bill perfectly
              Have u ever seen Douglas has everything u just described and is a lot younger than samba and more importantly cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                Clueless

If you would of watched the matches when he was playing for Blackburn you would be like most of us getting excited he might join us

Better then any defender we have now
                theres a few out there who fit that bill for a lot less money and may mean we could afford to get another player as well. Plus his attitude is questionable so for me i would pass and go looking somewhere else. The way some "clueless" people on here go on about him he is the best CB in the world and a must buy. How many other clubs are in for him then if he's that good? trouble is as with quite a few players talked about on here by certain people lately he just becomes over hyped.
                Last edited by vblockranger; 28-07-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  theres a few out there who fit that bill for a lot less money and may mean we could afford to get another player as well. Plus his attitude is questionable so for me i would pass and go looking somewhere else. The way some "clueless" people on here go on about him he is the best CB in the world and a must buy. How many other clubs are in for him then if he's that good? trouble is as with quite a few players talked about on here by certain people lately he just becomes over hyped.
                  Do you want to quote were its posted he is the best CB in the world, cheers

Comment

i dont think over hyped...he's awesome.......that doesnt mean there are no other top quality CB's out there...
                    if we get linked to any im sure we'll be excited......but if i'm asked would i like samba.....foookin yeeeehh!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                      Do you want to quote were its posted he is the best CB in the world, cheers
                      just the way that some go on about him...totally over hyped..good player/yes...great player/no .......imo

Comment

When a defender wins the ball 70% of the time a corner is taken he is worth 12 mill IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                          When a defender wins the ball 70% of the time a corner is taken he is worth 12 mill IMO.
                          fair enough...must be a few others chasing him then

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                            double exactly....that stat is awesome and makes him dangerman

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              fair enough...must be a few others chasing him then
                              im guessing there are enquiries

Comment

Working...
                              X