X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torch Bearer - tomorrow

Can't believe he's not running past our ground:

http://www.london2012.com/torch-rela...498/index.html

Good luck to him and his PR campaign, but personally can't understand the number of non-UK nationals who have been nominated and accepted. The only underlying reason is to create press coverage and not allowing ordinary folk and forces personnel their 800m's of lime light. There are many more who have lost limbs or make a contibution to society who have not been picked up. So much for the peoples games. If this was in the USA or France I could not see many if any Brit's get the honour. Call me an old cynic.
    Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Brilliant stuff. Tony & Lakshmi will have both have held the torch!
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
        Good luck to him and his PR campaign, but personally can't understand the number of non-UK nationals who have been nominated and accepted. The only underlying reason is to create press coverage and not allowing ordinary folk and forces personnel their 800m's of lime light. There are many more who have lost limbs or make a contibution to society who have not been picked up. So much for the peoples games. If this was in the USA or France I could not see many if any Brit's get the honour. Call me an old cynic.
        agree....Will.i.am ffs??

Comment

Who gives a damn about a person running down the street with a torch

Find it pretty pathetic people are getting excited about it

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

find the whole Olympic fervor pretty pathetic tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

Sums it up for me.....

The whole thing is a farce anyway. In the past the torch making it's way to the Olympic stadium had relevance and meaning. It was a relay....

Here it's being carried a bit, then chucked in a boot of a car and driven miles to somewhere else where some unworthy "celebrity" carries it. As said above, Will I Am in a SW town he has nothing to do with whatsoever - how is that right....? I'm sure there are plenty of people down there who've done great charity work for years or nurses / doctors / forces etc etc etc, but no let's get some tw@t from the US so it gets in the paper. Disgrace! And let's not even discuss fu$%ing Jedwood!

It should have been taken on a much shorter "Relay" from the continent to the stadium and been a big media circus when it arrived. It would have had much more impact that way and been relevant.

Comment

Working...
              X