Full back position...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full back position...?

No doubt the opposition wasn't of prem league standard yesterday, but defensively I thought there was good cover from Hogan and Samba in front of Anton and Clint, and good cover from SWP and Mackie for Traore and Fabio. Also, I do think going forward Fabio and Traore have pace and crosses to offer. However, I’m still curios as to any of the doubt that there is over Traore.

I know many fans would like to see him slot in out wide in midfield, but I really can't see that happening with the strength in dept we look to be establishing in midfield, so I'm expecting that Traore has to claim that full back spot for himself.

Being analytical and constructive, Traore obviously has pace and can cross a ball and looks good going forward, but I do think he can put in the odd wayward pass, which might need working on. However, I can't establish my level of confidence in his ability to defend. I would love to see him claim that spot and become very established there, but think he may have to work on his maturity, in relation to defending and passing. I do sense that there still exist a little bit of doubt over him. He hasn’t established himself in that slot and claimed it for himself. Obviously he is young and time is on his hands for improvement, but is he the man for the job next season?

Any thoughts... or am I talking utter garbage and he is just great and we love him?

He is a little immature when playing LB in the Prem, there's no doubt. Wenger will have known this and will be why Warnock was able to buy him. He tends to take to much time on the ball or allows the ball to bounce which are both very dangerous when you have some of the Premier League Right wingers flying at you. With the right coaching and time he would develop into a very good Premier league LB imo.

Comment

Working...
    X