Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad

After the Park purchase we now have only 6 places left in the 25, and less with any further additions.
    Currently we have 10 players to make up the squad, excluding youth players
    Ephraim
    Helguson
    Smith
    Hulse
    Young
    Barton
    Bothroyd
    Campbell
    Kenny
    Buzsaky

if we added 3 further players, would only leave 3 spaces from that list.
    Think we need at least one more defender, 2 if young were to go.

Originally posted by QPR DEVON View Post
    After the Park purchase we now have only 6 places left in the 25, and less with any further additions.
    Currently we have 10 players to make up the squad, excluding youth players
    Ephraim
    Helguson
    Smith
    Hulse
    Young
    Barton
    Bothroyd
    Campbell
    Kenny
    Buzsaky

if we added 3 further players, would only leave 3 spaces from that list.
    Think we need at least one more defender, 2 if young were to go.
    Chill out!!

Buzsaky has left for starters and Kenny is off to Leeds. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the others leave either. None of them are young and will want to be playing first team football and none of the above will be when we have a fully fit squad.

Comment

This is how I see the squad shaping up:

GK - Green/Cerny/Murphy

RB - Young/Onouha CB - Ferdinand/Hill/Nelsen/### LB - Fabio/Traore

RM - Mackie/SWP CM - Barton/Derry/Diakite/Faurlin/Park LM - Tarraabt/Hoilett?

CF - Cisse/Zamora/Johnson/Bellamy?

If we sign Bellamy and Hoilett, I think the remaining squad places will go to defenders. Can't see DJ HH or Betty being included in the squad. Mackie Taraabt and Hoilett can all play up front, so there's plenty of cover there.

The good thing is that signing Bellamy and Hoilett won't cost us too much and will leave us a fair bit of money to spend on the defence.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        This is how I see the squad shaping up:

GK - Green/Cerny/Murphy

RB - Young/Onouha CB - Ferdinand/Hill/Nelsen/### LB - Fabio/Traore

RM - Mackie/SWP CM - Barton/Derry/Diakite/Faurlin/Park LM - Tarraabt/Hoilett?

CF - Cisse/Zamora/Johnson/Bellamy?

If we sign Bellamy and Hoilett, I think the remaining squad places will go to defenders. Can't see DJ HH or Betty being included in the squad. Mackie Taraabt and Hoilett can all play up front, so there's plenty of cover there.

The good thing is that signing Bellamy and Hoilett won't cost us too much and will leave us a fair bit of money to spend on the defence.
        agree with that apart from right midfield. dont think mackie or swp will be first choice. maybe when park fit he will play out there leaving faurlin and diakite in the middle. if we have just given dyer an extension for some strange reason suggests to me that maybe mackie or swp might be surplus.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          agree with that apart from right midfield. dont think mackie or swp will be first choice. maybe when park fit he will play out there leaving faurlin and diakite in the middle. if we have just given dyer an extension for some strange reason suggests to me that maybe mackie or swp might be surplus.
          I think the good thing about this squad is that there are several players that can play in different positions. Versatility is key. We have Onouha Hill Barton Traore Mackie Fabio Park Taraabt SWP and possibly Hoilett who can play in different positions and do a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            I think the good thing about this squad is that there are several players that can play in different positions. Versatility is key. We have Onouha Hill Barton Traore Mackie Fabio Park Taraabt SWP and possibly Hoilett who can play in different positions and do a good job.
            thats true. btw your line about spending on defence - its now looking more like gallas on a so-called free, but leaving money for another striker.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              thats true. btw your line about spending on defence - its now looking more like gallas on a so-called free, but leaving money for another striker.
              Think I'd be happy with Bellamy coming in and the money saved spent on a top class CB. Whatever we all think, next week is going to be one hell of a ride!

Comment

Working...
              X