Hate to say it but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate to say it but...

with the players at our disposal surely we are better suited to playing 4-4-1-1.

Now the 4-5-1 under Sousa was non-attacking. This is acceptable away from home, but at home surely we can play an offensive 4-5-1.

For example...

Cerny
    Ramage Connolly Gorkss Borrowdale

Mahon/Faurlin
    Routledge Rowlands Vine

Buszaky
    Taraabt

Buszaky cannot defend, he is best with the ball at his feet as is Taraabt. Therefore neither can play in a 4-4-2 system in midfield and give us balance.

Alternatively the other way this formation can work is if a target man is used instead of Taraabt upfront.

Taraabt and Buszaky cannot play in midfield together as we will be too exposed. So imho unless they both play upfront it is a case of one or the other.

Away from home Rowlands would drop in alongside Mahon/Faurlin having 2 holding midfielders offering us more protection.
    15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

I hate to see Taarabt as a loan striker. Would prefer Dex back there.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Faurlin is an attacking midfielder aint he??
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

oh well looks like we have a 3 way split buzz taarabt and faurlin

Comment

The only thing I like about that formation is that Buzsaky is where he is best, in the centre.

Comment

It would actually be better like this:

--------------Cerny----------------
            -Ramage Connolly Gorkss Borrowdale-

----------Mahon/Leightwood-------
            ------Routledge Faurlin Taraabt-----

-------------Buszaky---------------
            ---------------Vine----------------

Comment

I hate the fact that some are infactuated by the idea of playing a rigid 4-4-2
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                I hate the fact that some are infactuated by the idea of playing a rigid 4-4-2
                I hope you're not directing this at me because that is not what I was trying to say at all.

Comment

I like that olly
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

i agree the players we have are much more suited to 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1

Comment

Originally posted by Archie Mitchell View Post
                      I hope you're not directing this at me because that is not what I was trying to say at all.
                      Not at all - I also believe Buzz needs to run the whole show from the middle.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Get Buzz in the farkin middle and build the team around him, get a farkin decent striker and hey presto farkin promotion, simples!! give me the job you perma tanned italian bell end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        From the Hills of Kerry
                        To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Olly Hoops. I'd rather that too. But as club captain can't see Rowlands not playing if fit.
                          15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

I don't think that Taarabt has the finishing skills to play as a lone forward. Neither perhaps, does Vine.

It's going to be very difficult decison for Magilton to make if ever all the players are fit for selection. I think he might be lucky enough to avoid having to choose from so many because there are bound to be a few out injured at any given time.

My choice is in Bold.

GK - Cerny
                            D - Ramage, Connolly or Hall or Stewart, Gorkss, Borrowdale
                            DCM - Mahon or Rowlands or Leigertwood
                            RW - Routledge or Alberti or Ephraim
                            ACM - Buzsaky or Taarabt or Faurlin
                            LM - Faurlin or Vine or Taraabt if Faurlin isn't as good as we are led to think or Cook or Balanta
                            S - Pellicori or Agyemang or Helguson or Vine or Balanta
                            Last edited by stanistheman; 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X