X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes: 'Funds Will Be Available'

Took notes while watching for those of you who don't have Player:

Tony Fernandes –
    War chest? Budgets, Transfers and funds..

‘’I don’t know, all I can say to the fans is that we delivered in January. We delivered in the one week. We’re not Man city, and I don’t want us to be that, because I think it’s important that we build the club from the ground up. We want to build and this is what I’ve kept saying, players with loyalty to the club. But we’ll be competitive, I don’t know what is available, I don’t know what Mark(Hughes) wants, I don’t he does fully yet. We’ll have to see what becomes available. ''

''We’ve got the right people now, to do a good job at it. We’ve got a good scouting system being put together, we’ve got good analysis.''
    We’ll sign some good young players, and I want to say that we’ve done a good job at that, we’ve got a lot of experience as well, but we’ve got some cracking players for the future. Nedum Onuoha. Armand Traore I think is going to be very special, we’ve got some youngsters coming through, we’ve got great experience in that squad, so Mark’s got to see where he’s short, where he wants to strengthen’’

''I’m not the man to take who’s good and who’s bad, that’s Marks job with his team. He wouldn’t have joined us if he didn’t think we were serious.''

''So, I want to get that out of people’s mind, that it’s just not about the war chest, I’d rather be spending the £12m on Warren Farm – which is equivalent in some cases half a player for some of the top clubs, in our case, maybe 2-3 players. Think of all the talent we could bring out through it. So investment in war chest, don’t think short-term always, think long-term about putting some of that war-chest into important assets that will produce players. There are not many players in QPR that have come through the ranks, if you compare us to other clubs.''

''We do need to trade, all clubs trade as well, that’s how they use some of the money to attract players – so we’ll see.''

''We got potential of a good squad, that we need to strengthen. You know Adel’s very happy, and I think he’s an important player for the future – we’re not going to sell him. We’ve got Ali Faurlin to come back, that’s like a £10m player, it’s almost like a new signing.''

''That’s a lot of good stuff there, and we’ll have to see what Mark wants, but all I can say is that we’ll be there, we’ll be competitive – but also, there is this fixation about war-chests. Yesterday we were playing against a team that was, I don’t know £200m – I have no idea but for 92 minutes we were beating them.''
    ''Heart plays a big part and buying wisely. We’re doing something right, money will be there if we need it – but it’s not always about the money.’’

The interview was taken place the day after the Man City game, so the club has progressed a lot since. Some good comments there, the future's bright, the future's blue and white.

Thanks W12hoops,

I Love this guy
    COME ON YOU RRRRSSS

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers_Boy83 View Post
      Thanks W12hoops,

I Love this guy
      No bother.

We all do

Comment

Working...
      X