Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green, Nelsen and Andy Johnson all free... are we going to spend any money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
    I personally think it demonstrates what a lack of common sense a lot of our fans have, the transfer window is not even officially open yet and the season doesn't even kick off for another two months.
    Yes, the transfer window isn't open and the season is a couple of months away, but it shouldn't stop us having a good old natter about who we might sign, our prospects, and the forthcoming games.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      I personally think it demonstrates what a lack of common sense a lot of our fans have, the transfer window is not even officially open yet and the season doesn't even kick off for another two months.
      As I said in the OP, I'm not complaining, the point was just to spark some discussion. It will be a long summer otherwise.

Comment

Some of our fans do get carried away.These are free's as that's all you can sign at the moment.Hughes is strengthening the only way he can at the moment and obviously think these players will
        improve our 'squad'.We will see some exciting signings when the window opens I'm sure of that.Hughes was promised good backing and wouldn't be here otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
          Quite frankly, AJ, Nelson, and the England no.2 keeper all "on a free" is stunning business - and for us to be sustainable, we're going to see a lot more of these signings..... and I'm sure that Sparky will make sure that the quality is right up there.

I give you all an analogy to ponder:

I can fill my fridge and freezer with stuff from the 'duction cabnet in Tescos. It's all good stuff, it all tastes the same, yet it's a fraction of the price..... it's just that its got the stigma of a sell-by-date..... which is normally very conservative anyway. You just have to be selective. And what's more - the real good stuff like steak gets better with age!
          Agreed (although I have never been a fan of AJ). At least the days when Gianni would hand out a four year contract to any no-hoper whose agent knocked on his door is over. The squad at the moment is pretty solid and with another midfielder, I think is capable of finishing either in or very close to the top half of the table... for kicks say we sign Ireland...

Green

Onuoha/Young Hill/Nelsen Ferdinand Traore/Fabio

Diakite/Ireland Faurlin

Mackie Taarabt

Zamora

Cisse

Not half bad is it?

Comment

There is no such thing as a free transfer.

It's precisely because we don't have unlimited funds that signing this lot worries me...

Comment

Working...
            X