Pellicori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellicori

Those that have seen him and are ITK seem to think that this season will be a settling in season and next season he will be more effective. From those of you who have seen him does he have what it takes to play Premiership football? I ask because if he won't play much this season and we do get promoted would he make it in the Premiership or have we bought a player who's ability is at Championship level?

Genuine questions as I haven't seen him play and really wanted to know if we do have promotion ambitions. I'm guessing that if he can make it as a Premiership player then great but if not then what was the point of buying him unless we still think we will be a Championship club next year and therefore don't have promotion ambitions.

now,thats what i call optimistic

Comment

The man can score goals as we have seen during pre-season, I feel this man should be given the chance first before we right him off.

My feelings are that we will all be suprised if he gets a few games under his belt with the current team, we are creating and he will get a few goals if not more.

Comment

I think he's a champions league player

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Those that have seen him and are ITK seem to think that this season will be a settling in season and next season he will be more effective. From those of you who have seen him does he have what it takes to play Premiership football? I ask because if he won't play much this season and we do get promoted would he make it in the Premiership or have we bought a player who's ability is at Championship level?

Genuine questions as I haven't seen him play and really wanted to know if we do have promotion ambitions. I'm guessing that if he can make it as a Premiership player then great but if not then what was the point of buying him unless we still think we will be a Championship club next year and therefore don't have promotion ambitions.
          That's level headed thinking from Sirpie as always,
          Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------
          https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

A target man in my view, if we played a different way than he can prove effective. May, be better away from home. The reason for that, he would rely on crosses and I can see us playing through the middle at home with a bit of pace. He will hold the ball up well, but just suited to a different style and during the course of the season, we won't be able to play the pretty stuff all the time.

Hope he gets his chance tomorrow, to be fair.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              The man can score goals as we have seen during pre-season, I feel this man should be given the chance first before we right him off.

My feelings are that we will all be suprised if he gets a few games under his belt with the current team, we are creating and he will get a few goals if not more.

Thanks for that Myu. It seems that the general consensus is that he will score goals in this division with the players we have around him but no one is sure how much he'll play and if he has what it takes to make the step up. His higher league experience is limited to 3 matches about 5 seasons ago so I guess nobody can be too sure.

Comment

I didnt think he looked to bad at oxford, i cant remember now if he played against Wycombe?... Then he played kettering and scored.

From what i saw he looked alright, a fox in the box, physical, certainly stronger than a forward like Blackstock. Every cross, every shot, he was at the keepers feet.

Its differcult to say how he might do but if fully fit a healthy i saw no reason why he cant do alright. Looked mobile and was making plenty of runs. He also nearly scored at oxford but it hit the post.
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  A target man in my view, if we played a different way than he can prove effective. May, be better away from home. The reason for that, he would rely on crosses and I can see us playing through the middle at home with a bit of pace. He will hold the ball up well, but just suited to a different style and during the course of the season, we won't be able to play the pretty stuff all the time.

Hope he gets his chance tomorrow, to be fair.
                  By the sounds of it he seems to be the target man that we've been desperately missing. Last season I was laughed at when I suggested Steven Thompson would be a good signing for Burnley because he struggles to score goals but gives teams a focus to attack through. Thompson only scored 8 in 38 for Burnley but created so many and gave defenders a nightmare with his height and strength.

Comment

I thought he was poor against Kettering. But IMO should be playing ahead of HH and a copule others in his position
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Chris I agree he didn't look all that great at Kettering but he was not around our best set of players, I'd like to see that wouldn't you?

I feel he has more to offer and want him to be given a chance, If he would have come on the last 10 minutes of the Blackpool game, it could have turned the game into a win.

There is only one way to find out and let him show us.

Comment

Why wasnt he even on the bench which now includes 7 players then?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                          Why wasnt he even on the bench which now includes 7 players then?
                          A few people have said he hasn't received International Clearence yet. Not sure how true this is?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                            A few people have said he hasn't received International Clearence yet. Not sure how true this is?
                            He played in friendlies, would you need clearance for that?

Comment

MYU I agree give him a chance. Ive only seen him that 1 game so I do not want to write him off, everyone has bad games so yer give him a shot.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                              X