SWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWP

Do you think Mark Hughes still rate him and will keep him? Looks like we are stuck with him and Barton. Hope we do not get another Rowan Vine episode!
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

It's a good question, maybe he needed a year to settle in?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      It's a good question, maybe he needed a year to settle in?
      Yes you are not the only one who mentioned this.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

He did have some great performances at the start e.g. Newcastle, but because of the lack of goals and the stick he was getting I think his confidence levels went down which affected his performances. I think he can still do a job for us next season, but we'll have to wait and see what Hughes thinks about him.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

He's a good player.

I would like to keep him. Surely theirs a very slim chance of him having such a poor season again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            He's a good player.

I would like to keep him. Surely theirs a very slim chance of him having such a poor season again?
            He is a very good player when on song, but the flipside is he's clearly a confidence player and when it was dented it affected him greatly. The crowd gettign on his back didn't help.

MH knows class is permanent and form is temporary though as he's been around long enough.... Shearer hadnt scored for England for 2 years before Euro 96, but Venables stuck with him and we all know what happened.

MH will want to keep all good players and get his own pre season with them and go from strength to strength. I think SWP will draw a line under this season as one to forget along with the disruption. Next season i think he could be a surprise package for all our fans.

Comment

He hasn't been a great addition has he. Was one I was really excited about as well. I'd say he's most definitely with us for another year as he's on silly wages and I can't see anyone coming in for him who can equal what he's on.

He's sat on a bench for so long, maybe he needed a year to remember what playing football was all about. Wouldn't be upset to see him in the squad next year, he can come on and do a job.

Comment

Give Hughes and his team a summer to work on his form and confidence and he could be useful for us.

I still can't believe how much pace he's lost.....

Comment

Played well in our final two games, especially Citeh.

Good player, hope he stays. The boo boys destroyed his confidence and in turn his form. If we give him another chance and get behind him then he could be great for us next season.

Comment

I've watched pretty much all of our games this season on QPR_Player in the last week (Weirdo alert) but S-W-P's actually did okay before people turned on him.

I honestly believe he might have a big season next year. Also he got the most assists for us this season, only 4 but still more then anyone else
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                      I've watched pretty much all of our games this season on QPR_Player in the last week (Weirdo alert) but S-W-P's actually did okay before people turned on him.

I honestly believe he might have a big season next year. Also he got the most assists for us this season, only 4 but still more then anyone else
                      Exactly. He was never as bad as people think. Arseanl away just before Christmas he was our best player by a mile and did everything great except one misplaced pass which they scored from..... that didn't help.

He has quality in there and we just nee MH to get it out.

Comment

I think SWP could be very useful. I admit he has been awful for us, but hes clearly an excellent player when on form. Hes great for at least the bench, and if he finds his form again, he could be like a new signing

Comment

Hopefully he'll find his form, could be a great impact sub.

Comment

Like must r"s i thought he was a great signing back in august but he never lived up to the hype but he is a good player so i think he is worth keeping as surely a goal or two would boost his r"s career and in my opinion thats all he needs. Scored a good goal v west brom!

Comment

His cause, and I suspect his form, was defo not helped by his gearbox merchant father piping up every two minutes with how the club was in chaos behind the scenes and how we were not going to get any points on our run-in.

Comment

Working...
                              X