Strikers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikers?

We definitely need another striker, I think Bothroyd and Campbell will probably both be told they can leave, Helguson is too injury prone which leaves only Cisse and Zamora.

I think Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang might be worth a punt. 17 goals and 10 assists in 37 for Saint-Etienne this season, Gabon international, valued at around 4 mil and still only 22. Probably a safer bet than Jordan Rhodes, as much as this board likes to bang on about him. Might be best not to let him take any crucial penalties though.

After seeing Papiss Cisse, I would go for your candidate Felt. At least having a look at.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Santa Cruz come to us on the cheap from City. Was reportedly available for only £1m in the last window.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
        We definitely need another striker, I think Bothroyd and Campbell will probably both be told they can leave, Helguson is too injury prone which leaves only Cisse and Zamora.

I think Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang might be worth a punt. 17 goals and 10 assists in 37 for Saint-Etienne this season, Gabon international, valued at around 4 mil and still only 22. Probably a safer bet than Jordan Rhodes, as much as this board likes to bang on about him. Might be best not to let him take any crucial penalties though.
        Augemeyang? A name suspiciously too close to that of a certain other Rs striker for my liking...

Comment

personally i would like to give DJ another chance and have a decent pre-season to get himself fit. Then if things don't work out then sell him at january. Bothroyd can go,won't be missed and maybe it also time to let HH to go also,even he'll be missed. My guess is we buy 2 strikers,one proven goalscorer and maybe one hot prospeck,maybe Rhodes or some unknown talent from France etc...

Comment

What about Rob Hulse??

Comment

Rob who?

Did we see enough of DJ to write him off? kinda reminds me a bit of Mackie.. he has some previous in the Prem.. perhaps IH will be after him!

Comment

Hughes will leave 3-4 strikers go but will get another couple in probably,I hope he holds on to HH

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Augemeyang? A name suspiciously too close to that of a certain other Rs striker for my liking...

The same thing crossed my mind.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Every team can always add to every position but if you had told me a year ago we wd now have a first choice pairing of Zamora and Cisse with Helguson, DJ and Bothroyd in reserve I wd have bitten your arm off.

Comment

I have a feeling Hughes will keep Bothroyd , he seems to like him.

Comment

DJ Campbell deserves another season to prove himself. Only played one full game for us and proved at Blackpool he's a good player. Strikers are the one area of the team we don't deperately need re-enforcing
                        We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
                        @Deadend_Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post

Good shout!

Comment

How about Defoe?????

Comment

Klasnic? a good goal scorer
                              Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 16-05-2012, 08:01 PM.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                              X