QPR to discuss Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR to discuss Barton

Queens Park Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes will leave any decision about Joey Barton to Mark Hughes and chief executive Philip Beard.

More...

I would be very surprised if Hughes keeps faith with Barton now, hes not the sort to publicly berate Barton but i cant see him playing for Hughes again, only point would be how much you'd have to give him in a pay off.

Comment

I think the interview after the end of the City game was telling.. Sparky said something along the lines of this wont happen again under my leadership..

Lets face it, this season required anything and everything to keep us up.. and I kind of think that next year Sparky will be running a much tighter ship in many ways.. my way or the high way...

Comment

Can't see Barton being shifted from rangers to be fair, He didn't start off too well, Hughes came in and dropped him for a few games and barton started to perform. Yesterday the pressure would have been getting to the players, okay yeah Barton could have cost us but he didn't. If he was still on the field who knows we may not have been as adventurous with eleven men like we were with ten, also if Barton never got sent off, Traore may not have been brought on and we may never have got a second goal. Only time will tell but in my opinion i don't think Barton let us down. We defended well the whole game, drop the subject about Barton, let the club deal with it. We stayed up in the end and that's all that matters, Barton is a geezer!

Comment

can see the conversation going like this:

MH: I dont want Barton

PB: OK who will buy him on his contract he has with us

MH: err, no one

PB: OK so we have to keep him

MH: OK

Comment

Working...
          X