Agyemang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agyemang

It seems everyone is having a pop at Dave even before the season has started.

If we can learn one thing from the fantastic Gi Gi season its that Dave will not score using his head but when the ball is played through to him he can be effective.

From the pre-season games I saw we didnt give him any service through the middle of the park so no wonder he hasnt looked that good.

I agree he's not the best striker in the world but he needs service from Buz or Faurlin for him to run onto.

Lets not shoot the geezer before he's had a chance.
    "I've had money but it never felt as good as when I c*me"
    Richard Pryor, 1974

The guy has had a whole career. He's not the player we need. Very useful, yes...but Vine is better at what Aggy does.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

i really cant understand his criticism. Hes a good player, and links up brilliantly with our other players. OK, he doent score many goals - but does vine? They are good players, just not the goal scorer we need. I think people should give him a break

Comment

This fantastic Gigi season.

Did I miss it? I recall a lower mid table finish and conceding a shed load of last minute goals....

Must be a different one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
          i really cant understand his criticism. Hes a good player, and links up brilliantly with our other players. OK, he doent score many goals - but does vine? They are good players, just not the goal scorer we need. I think people should give him a break
          Dando...we don't need both.

Be honest...given a choice of Vine or Aggy...who would you rather have?
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            Dando...we don't need both.

Be honest...given a choice of Vine or Aggy...who would you rather have?
            i agree, we dont need both - and i agree vine is better. But it just seems people are being too critical of Agyemangs ability, rather than pointing out what you have rightly said - that we dont need both at the same time. I think we need one or the other, with a goal scorer aside them - but i dont think Agyemang is crap. He sets up goals, links up well, and scores a few himself when he gets the chance

Comment

if by "links up brilliantly with our other players" you mean runs into channels with no hope of doing anything with the ball when he gets there, being out muscled and bullied by average defenders, and unable to hold up the ball for a guy pushing 16 stone, and when 'heading' the ball the ball it bounces off in an arbitrary direction, then yes, he does link up brilliantly with our other players...
              RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                if by "links up brilliantly with our other players" you mean runs into channels with no hope of doing anything with the ball when he gets there, being out muscled and bullied by average defenders, and unable to hold up the ball for a guy pushing 16 stone, and when 'heading' the ball the ball it bounces off in an arbitrary direction, then yes, he does link up brilliantly with our other players...
                Exactly, 8 assists in his last 132 appearances doesn't equate to a player who links up brilliantly.

Comment

everyone has an opinion, but this is clueless. Nobody is saying he is brilliant, but hes nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. He has good understanding with Vine and Buzz - which even the players have said out of their own opinion. A lot of the good goals we scored in the De Canio season involved Agyemang. hes not a goal scorer - but i think some of his link play is good, and he is difficult for defenders to deal with. Just my opnion, but id pick him over Di Carmine any day.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                    Exactly, 8 assists in his last 132 appearances doesn't equate to a player who links up brilliantly.
                    its not necessarily the final ball - but his contribution to the build up

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      This fantastic Gigi season.

Did I miss it? I recall a lower mid table finish and conceding a shed load of last minute goals....

Must be a different one.
                      One of my fav seasons at QPR :boss:
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

everyone has an opinion, but this is clueless. Nobody is saying he is brilliant, but hes nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. He has good understanding with Vine and Buzz - which even the players have said out of their own opinion. A lot of the good goals we scored in the De Canio season involved Agyemang. hes not a goal scorer - but i think some of his link play is good, and he is difficult for defenders to deal with. Just my opnion, but id pick him over Di Carmine any day.
                        having him over Di Carmine is like picking Chylamidia over Herpes!

i'm sorry, but he is quite simply not good enough for a side with promotion ambitions, and if i had my way, he wouldn't be anywhere near the side (Pete - have a word...)

I haven't seen any evidence of his "link up play" that warrants a place in our team, and as a 'handful' he was marked out of the game by Chris Perry of Southampton, and his interaction with Vine was much more on nodding terms than any sort of understanding.
                        RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

"One of my fav seasons at QPR"
                          Just shows how many dud seasons we've had in the last 14 years.

It's an age thing.

Comment

having him over Di Carmine is like picking Chylamidia over Herpes!

i'm sorry, but he is quite simply not good enough for a side with promotion ambitions, and if i had my way, he wouldn't be anywhere near the side (Pete - have a word...)

I haven't seen any evidence of his "link up play" that warrants a place in our team, and as a 'handful' he was marked out of the game by Chris Perry of Southampton, and his interaction with Vine was much more on nodding terms than any sort of understanding.
                            i agree with you - he is certainly not the answer for a side going for promotion. Thats as clear as anything to me - and if it was my choice, id bring in a goal scorer, or play helgusson instead. However, some people are saying hes crap - and i wouldnt go that far. We should be getting behind each player who is on the pitch for our side. At the end of the day, its JM's choice whoes on the field, and if he thinks agyemang is first choice - maybe its JM you should be blaming. We should have faith in what side he picks - im sure he picks it for a reason

Comment

just to be clear on the matter, if he's on the pitch, he gets my unequivocal support - i have NEVER booed a player, and NEVER will.

but saying that he's a good player is patently absurd.

Helgusson to lead the line, with Tarrabt off him if it's 442 , or in front of a midfield 5 of Routs, Rowly, Faurlin, Buzz, Tarrabt

Comment

Working...
                              X