All Depends on the Bolton V Spurs Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Depends on the Bolton V Spurs Game

I was extremely disappointed on our performance against Chelsea. On reflection though it was no real surprise, recently our away performances have been awful and we are hanging in with a chance simply because at home we have great fans who have made Loftus Road a fortress and the players have suddenly stepped up a gear in given back tremendous effort in trying to secure premiership status.

I suspect the same atmosphere this Sunday though it will all depend on what happens on Wednesday night at the Reebok. I feel that Aston Villa have enough points in the locker and I cannot see Wigan not beating Wolves last game of the season. Amazingly, it could well be the lack of a point at WBA that could cost us.

The most important game this season could turn out to be Bolton V Spurs on Wednesday evening with the result probably defining where we finish. Many pros and cons in going back down to The Championship. We will still have the parachute payments and will probably keep the nucleus of the squad though the point remains we brought in some unwanted players from The Premiership and those players will find it hard to find a premiership club willing to take a gamble on their services. We must have at least a couple of players who will not want to play in The Championship.

We know from experience that getting promoted from The Championship is no easy task and early season favourites West Ham United now have to go through the lottery of the Play Offs, it’s not a given we would be automatically promoted next season.

Do we still have a chance of staying in the Premiership? I think that depends on Spurs winning at Bolton a feat they have not managed in years. If Bolton get any kind of result on Wednesday night, then we would need something from Manchester City which at this stage of the season looks extremely unlikely and I am not even convinced that if they have no chance of winning The Premiership that we will get anything from that game.

Let’s assume Bolton lose to Spurs and the incentive surely must be for Tottenham to really go for it based on the fact that leaves them a point behind Arsenal with 2 games to go for the 3rd place.

I would suspect Bolton will beat WBA at home and that leaves us with having to beat Stoke City to leave a last day decider where its Stoke v Bolton and us against Manchester City. If we can get to the final Sunday its evens stevens in my opinion as Stoke won';t want to lose at home final game of the season and if we have a any fingernails they will be gone by the final whistle. If Bolton get any kind of result v Spurs than I fear it would deflate the fans, it would deflate the players and I suspect our destiny will be decided by 4pm on Sunday.

Our season was not defined by what happened at Stamford Bridge its over 38 games that counts. We could also rue certain decisions against us but in the main it happens to all clubs in a relegation battle. In regards the sending offs, that’s been down to our bad discipline and you only argue that Shaun Derry never deserved to get sent off against Manchester United. Our away form has been poor and whilst hindsight is a wonderful thing the fact remains we probably brought in Mark Hughes 4-6 weeks too late.

I will leave my post-mortems to survival or relegation is assured but we have to learn the lessons from this season and reflect on where it went wrong. Teams like Swansea, Fulham, Norwich, Stoke and Everton have shown you can survive on different ideas and ethics.
    Last edited by qblockpete; 30-04-2012, 11:55 AM.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

If this season has taught us anything it's the unpredictability of results!

Bolton could beat Spurs 4-0 and we'd all be consigned to relegation then come 4pm on Sunday news could come through Bolton lost at home to WBA and we beat Stoke, all of a sudden it's game on again.

It's impossible to do, Wigan are currently the best team in the league for example. Bolton win 3 on the bounce then lose to Fulham 3-0 at home. Blackburn win back to back games and pull themselves clear of the relegation zone then lose 6 out of 7. QPR beat Liverpool, Arsenal, Swansea and Spurs at home.

It's a waste of time and will drive you crazy, trust me i'm already there! What will be will be.

I know i'll be cheering for Man U tonight, Spurs on Wednesday, WBA on Sunday and Stoke last game, that's all we can do.

Comment

Both QPR and Bolton are favours at the bookmakers for the win.

Comment

Pete is right about much of it hinging on Bolton v Spurs. Currently Bolton must be fairly clear favourites to stay up at our expense with the game in hand - and as one of our games is Man City away we effectively have to get the same number of points from one game (Stoke) as they have to from three. But IF Spurs beat Bolton then that is potentially a season changing result and I'd then say it was pretty well back to being 50-50 between us and Bolton. We wd still have virtually no chance of getting anything final game of the season but of the four remaining fixtures for us and Bolton we would, imo, be the more likely of the two teams to pick up another win (us home to Stoke).

Comment

Does anyone really see Tottenham winning at Bolton, honestly? Personally I don't, which means we are down.

I don't want to sound negative, i'm just being realistic. The penny dropped yesterday that we are well below what is required to stay in this league.

Comment

Bolton must be favorites to stay up.

It's for theirs to lose in my opinion, If I was a Bolton Fan I would be very happy with the weekend results plus knowing our last 2 games are very winnable.

Blimey, i just realised how bad a position we are in! The most we can get is 3pts realistically, so as Pete says Spurs v Bolton match will determine where we finish.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
              Does anyone really see Tottenham winning at Bolton, honestly? Personally I don't, which means we are down.

I don't want to sound negative, i'm just being realistic. The penny dropped yesterday that we are well below what is required to stay in this league.
              The only difference this time round is Tottenham need the 3 pts to overtake Newcastle for 4th spot, plus Harry needs to make amends for his poor run starting at Bolton.

Comment

Hodgson getting the England job equals Redknapp not getting it.

Spurs to beat bolton
                Bolton to beat WBA

Will come down to last day if we beat Stoke. I hate to say it as I hate Manu even more than I do Chelsea but I have to cheer them on tonight in the faint hope that Manc have nothing to play for on the last day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
                  Hodgson getting the England job equals Redknapp not getting it.

Spurs to beat bolton
                  Bolton to beat WBA

Will come down to last day if we beat Stoke. I hate to say it as I hate Manu even more than I do Chelsea but I have to cheer them on tonight in the faint hope that Manc have nothing to play for on the last day.
                  yep got to be rooting for UTD tonight

cant believe i just typed that

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Pete is right about much of it hinging on Bolton v Spurs. Currently Bolton must be fairly clear favourites to stay up at our expense with the game in hand - and as one of our games is Man City away we effectively have to get the same number of points from one game (Stoke) as they have to from three. But IF Spurs beat Bolton then that is potentially a season changing result and I'd then say it was pretty well back to being 50-50 between us and Bolton. We wd still have virtually no chance of getting anything final game of the season but of the four remaining fixtures for us and Bolton we would, imo, be the more likely of the two teams to pick up another win (us home to Stoke).
                    Their fighing spirit is far, far better than ours when under pressure. That´s the difference.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X