Down to goal difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to goal difference?

I can see a very tense last day - after tonight, Villa are right in it - and my word they were poor - making Bolton look like world beaters for a good 25 mins. I have just spotted that we have scored more than them. They have 4 goals advantage but will lose most of that if, as I expect, they lose to WBA (no favours for them there) and to Spurs who will need to chase a champions league place. I think a draw at Norwich would be on for them on the last day- at best.Chelsea's adventures tonight are, I feel in our favour - an "after the Lord mayor's show" could be on on Sunday- if we have the heart -if not, our usual odd goal defeats and a 2 goal margin v Stoke might just do it. Pass the smelling salts!

I agree with you and could be the team to go down, see them getting no more than 3 points max if they lucky!

Comment

1-1 at chelsea
      and 3-1 against Stoke
      0-0 at City

That'll be enough points to keep us up imo, if not points then goal difference for sure

Villa on the other hand could well struggle as you just said. I want them to go down.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        1-1 at chelsea
        and 3-1 against Stoke
        0-0 at City

That'll be enough points to keep us up imo, if not points then goal difference for sure

Villa on the other hand could well struggle as you just said. I want them to go down.
        That's a big ask but hope you're right.

Comment

I'm going for
          1-1 Chelsea
          2-0 Stoke
          0-2 City

That should keep us above Villa on Goal difference, I think this is how they'll do
          0-2 WBA
          1-3 Spurs
          1-1 Norwich
          We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
          @Deadend_Friend

Comment

"and my word they were poor"

Sorry mate did`nt see it, but i`ll take your word for it.
            "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
              1-1 at chelsea
              and 3-1 against Stoke
              0-0 at City

That´s what I can see as well. But I really hope last night´s result doesnt affect QPR´s relatively newly gained confidence as a team, I mean; How much pressure can they take really?
              Regarding the other teams, I feel that even Wigan might feel the pressure now.And Blackburn, another team in the mix,Well, I just know what to believe. Pedersen, The Yak, Hoilett are all good players.

But at the end of the day, we have to pick the points needed ourselves and get hold of all the straws which we possibly can find. i.e. the goal difference
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Deadend if them results do come in it would have us a point above Villa so GD won't come into it :-)

Comment

The good news is that there is a match between Wigan and Blackburn one day after we play Stoke. Hopefully after a win, there will be more pressure on both.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

For all of you predicting results, have you had your head in the sand for last 2 weeks..... Anything could happen.. It's in our hands and that's all there is to it.
                    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Why is there so much confidnce we'll get a point at the Etihad... They've won all but one drawn league game there for about a year....?

Would need the title to have been decided by then to have any chance, and for that to happen we need Utd to get a positive result on Monday, ie not lose, and then they could secure it in the penultimate game.....

Comment

Bolton
                        Sunderland v Bolton - Draw
                        Bolton v Tottenham - Lose
                        Bolton v West Brom - Win
                        Stoke v Bolton - Lose

If we can win at least 1 match we can do it on goal difference if it works out this way

Blackburn
                        Tottenham v Blackburn - Lose
                        Blackburn v Wigan - Win
                        Chelsea v Blackburn - Lose

They could be out the picture
                        Last edited by Dale; 25-04-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X