Line up this evening ............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line up this evening ............

Considering we need a win i would start with Buz in midfield instead of Derry, Cisse has to play alongside Zamora and Traore at left back

Come on U RRRrrrsssssssssssssss

Who do you drop to start Cisse?

Comment

I would stick with 451, leave cisse on the bench for at least the first half. How does it look to the team if he has been sent off twice and waltzes straight back into the team. Stick to the 4-5-1 that worked well against swansea and arsenal, then bring him on as an impact sub if required.

Our team is finally starting to gel, and we need solidarity in our last 4 games to survive the drop. Definately not time to change a formation that works

Comment

You can't play Buz and Cisse, unless you drop Mackie or Taraabt, but that would mean either Buz or Barton out of position on the wing.... no good for me, we need round pegs in round holes. I think it will be...:

....................Kenny
        Onouha.....Ferdinand...Hill....Taiwo
        Mackie...Barton...Diakite...Taraabt
        ............Cisse...Zamora

I think he'll go with that, but personally would like to see Taraabt on the right and Traore on the left and leave Mackie on the bench as i don't think he's good enough from the start personally, but is a very good impact player who could be useful against a tired and depleted Spurs defence.

Comment

For the balance of the team it would have to be Mackie and hope that Adel turns it on against his former club, not that Mackie has done anything wrong it's just a question of quality really !!!

Kenny
          Onahua Ferdinand Hill Traore

Barton Diakite Buzacky

Tarrabt

Zamora Cisse

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
            I would stick with 451, leave cisse on the bench for at least the first half. How does it look to the team if he has been sent off twice and waltzes straight back into the team. Stick to the 4-5-1 that worked well against swansea and arsenal, then bring him on as an impact sub if required.

Our team is finally starting to gel, and we need solidarity in our last 4 games to survive the drop. Definately not time to change a formation that works
            I think Zamora's performance last week summed up why Cisse must start. He had 4 good chances and took none, and was barely convincing either. Not saying he's a bad player, he does his job, but he's not a goalscorer / poacher / finisher... Cisse is all of the above and we may not get many chances against a very, very good SPurs team, so we need someone up front who can take them.

Also, if he plays, they will be terrified of his pace so he can pull defenders out of position, or they will drop to try to counter the ball behind and that may well give the likes of Taraabt much more space inbetween the midfield and forwards to really do some damage.

I just hope Taraabt doesn't try to over play as it's Spurs and he'll have a point to prove... the away game was probably his worst game for us ever, and i think because he tried too much, messed simple things up, got more frustrated, then messed up more.... we need the real Adel to stand up and be counted this time.

Comment

I agree Zamora missed some sitters, but i think kaboul and king will struggle with him as he is a handful for defenders (he proved that against arsenal).

We have looked very good at home in the previous 2 games (plus last 15 min of liverpool) and think we need to keep it the same. Cisse wont be match fit and i really think the 11 that played against arsenal loooked the best we have played all season

Comment

I personally feel that playing 4-5-1 especially at home against spurs will put us on the back foot, we need to go 2 up front as we did in the 2nd half @ white hart lane when we had a good go and could have been level at 2-2.

Gallas and King will not enjoy the pace of Cisse and the hold up play of Zamora !!

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
                  I agree Zamora missed some sitters, but i think kaboul and king will struggle with him as he is a handful for defenders (he proved that against arsenal).

We have looked very good at home in the previous 2 games (plus last 15 min of liverpool) and think we need to keep it the same. Cisse wont be match fit and i really think the 11 that played against arsenal loooked the best we have played all season
                  Cisse will be fine fitness wise. Lack of match fitness comes after being out ages injured, not suspended a few games, besides, we don;t have the luxury of time / games left.

I agree Zamora will upset their players, and he still can, only this time it will be more likely to cause damage to them as he'll have Cisse to support him and pick up the pieces / knock ons etc.

Comment

After weeks of hearing abuse towards Warnock 4-5-1 formation especially at home, I'm surprised people are even mentioning it we are at home and need to score goal kenny,taiwo,hill,ferd,ono,Tarbs,diakite,Barton,mac kie:/,cisse and Zamora

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                      After weeks of hearing abuse towards Warnock 4-5-1 formation especially at home, I'm surprised people are even mentioning it we are at home and need to score goal kenny,taiwo,hill,ferd,ono,Tarbs,diakite,Barton,mac kie:/,cisse and Zamora
                      4-5-1 didn't work last week @ west brom, how many times did we have no one in the box when Zamora dropped off to link up play :yush:

We need 3 points today otherwise the fat lady will be singing i fear so we should go 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 with Tarrabt in the hole behind Zamora and Cisse, do this and we will win 3-1 with Cisse getting 2

Comment

Mackie as an impact sub and Zamora and Cisse up front.....has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by UB5 Ranger View Post
                          4-5-1 didn't work last week @ west brom, how many times did we have no one in the box when Zamora dropped off to link up play :yush:

We need 3 points today otherwise the fat lady will be singing i fear so we should go 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 with Tarrabt in the hole behind Zamora and Cisse, do this and we will win 3-1 with Cisse getting 2
                          Thats a good shout 4-3-1-2

Comment

Originally posted by UB5 Ranger View Post
                            For the balance of the team it would have to be Mackie and hope that Adel turns it on against his former club, not that Mackie has done anything wrong it's just a question of quality really !!!

Kenny
                            Onahua Ferdinand Hill Traore

Barton Diakite Buzacky

Tarrabt

Zamora Cisse

Balance? Sure, play with no wingers against Spurs. Walker/Lennon and Ekotto/Bale would enjoy that very much

Comment

Kabul is he not out injured??

Comment

Working...
                              X