17. Doncaster
    18. Swansea
    19. Coventry
    20. Scunny
    21. Blackpool
    22. Watford
    23. Plymouth
    24. Barnsley

Heres hoping for a successful season 1 & all & i think we'll all say gotta be more exciting then last year

Bloody hope so !

Comment

Ive said for a while we will finish 4th. So agree, sod the rest.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

blind optimism

Comment

i dont think brom are gonna win it, id have top two as boro n sheff utd. and qpr 4th? i really would love to see that. replace us with ipswich and jumble the top 3 about and ur top half prediction is spot on

Comment

As posted in a previous thread...

TBH I'm in the same boat as you fella. It's a very fair assessment on us this coming season. Still think with one or two additions we could be transformed from a questionable mid-table to playoff side to a guaranteed playoff to potential challenger, I just wish the board could see that too! What I have noticed though is a lot of these reviews about us haven't taken into consideration that we lost major players last season through injury and have those all coming back which is like signing big Championship players. We are one to watch out for this season which is why I post in a previous thread that 3points on Saturday is a MUST, a draw is simply not good enough. We need to oooozzz confidence and 17points from our opening 7 games should be a major target!

Now for the other clubs. I can't see Derby finishing above us nor Forest, with the latter spending for fun I questioned most of their buys as average Championship players who struggled to make impacts at their previous clubs.

Reading is the biggest surprise. I do rate their manager highly and think he was the only reason why Watford last season did as well as they did with a team of very average players. I still wouldn't put Reading as high as 4th though considering all the big players they have lost and not replaced.

Cardiff is another big surprise. They have spent for fun and I strongly think will need to balance those books come christmas, what with their wages and debt they already have, as well as payments owed on their new stadium. Their Chairman destroyed Leeds and I think we could see that happen again here - I won't lose any sleep over that though if it happens. They do have a good manager but again I question their buys and even more so the prices they paid for those players!

Middlesbrough could be a questionable side this season and a good start is a must for them I feel. I think Southgate has 10 games to stamp his authority before the supporters could turn. Their Chairman is an amazing guy, probably the most patient man in football but I think if they are not top 6 ten games in then their supporters will call for someones head forcing a turnaround in the club which could impact their season.

Newcastle’s antics off the field will cause problems for them. The will they/won't they be sold saga continues and with no manager in place as yet either I will be amazed if they are in the top 14 this season.

West Brom for me will win this division providing Di Matteo doesn't lose any big players and is allow to manage and NOT COACH like his title states. I think we'll know how strong they'll within 10 games.

Palace might go well. Not based on their in depth squad but their managers desire to fire his side up and nick point here and there. A sneaky top 10 finish could be on the cards IMO.

If I haven't bored you already enough already then the last team I'll mention is Preston. They haven't been talked up much anywhere and I think if the board supports their manager like he has mentioned in the last few days in the media and they bring in these 4 additional players then they will also comfortably make the top 10. I remember hearing on the radio last season they haven't lost on a Tuesday night at home in over 10 years (it might have happened after the night I heard it though I can't be 100% sure). They are a consistent side who are always there or thereabouts. I think they could again just sneak the playoffs. They are my steady eddie side!

My top 10 will be (rough order….):
            1. West Brom
            2. Sheff Utd
            3. Middlesbrough
            4. QPR
            5. Preston
            6. Reading
            7. Ipswich
            8. Cardiff
            9. Crystal Palace
            10. Derby

Putting us down as 4th is very bold I know but I feel that we again won't conceed many and end with similar numbers in that area as last season. I also think we'll nick 15-17 more goals this season too which sould put us in with around a plus 15 goal difference which should be enough for top 4.

Comment

Working...
            X