Moses & Clyne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses & Clyne

These are 2 players I would like to see our board go after.
    Palace are in trouble at the moment and Tango man has just stuck 5 Million into the club to keep them afloat. I reckon 5 million for the 2 should do it, very risky I know and unproven, but they seem to have a bright future ahead of them. I know Premier league clubs are sniffing around so we need to be quick!

No chance would they sell to us and no chance could we afford them.

Clyne is one of the best RB's in the league and Moses one of the hottest prospects.

Edit: More that we won't pay the money than can't afford...
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Isn't that a firm of solicitors in Golders Green?

Could do a job.

Comment

The board should see it as an investement, look at Connelly. These are the players we should be splashing the cash for, I really do not understand there plan

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
          Isn't that a firm of solicitors in Golders Green?

Could do a job.
          ;D

Comment

Originally posted by andysintonshead View Post
            The board should see it as an investement, look at Connelly. These are the players we should be splashing the cash for, I really do not understand there plan
            Mate, I'm not in dissagreement at your choice of player. Both would be fantastic additions, but we just won't sign them.

At risk of sounding like a moaner, we are just not willing to spash out.

Kamara at £4m
            Moses at £2.5m
            Clyne at £3m
            Lita wanting £25per week

All the above would mean spending large amounts of cash which we're not prepared to do.

As I say, I don't want to sound ungreatful and a moaner as I'm very happy with our squad compared to 3 years ago, but we're not the only team who have come a long way in this space of time. With the funds we should be able to spend, we should have excelled far quicker than ALL the teams in the CCC, yet we're kind of plodding along at the same speed as teams who in reality have no cash available.

Yes, we have a great squad on paper, but there are a few departments we lack. RB is fairly strong with Ramage, but we should still be looking at backup/a stronger player. LB is very weak for me. Although I've not seen much of him, Borrowdale has not been very successful in his career since his England U21 days. The worst position of all is up top. Taarabt IS NOT a striker, regardless of what some say. Heider still hasn't re-discovered his goal scoring touch. Aggy is a decent player to have but will never be an out and out scorer. Vine on his day is unplayable and very good at creating, but again...not a goal scorer. Balanta is class, no doubt about that, but this is still too early for such expectation. Then we have Pelicori who by all accounts looks a good player, but that doesn't mean he'll be a goal scorer.

I'll say it again and again until we address this...WE NEED A GOAL SCORING STRIKER.

Comment

An investment; Connolly was at £800k. Moses will cost £4million at least and Clyne will cost somewhere between £2-£3million, therefore neither is deemed an investment because of the high price tags. In order for their values to rise (hence the term investment) they'd need to be doing the business in the Premiership otherwise you'd lose money on them playing them in the Championship!

These vast sums could be spent better and wiser on players who will get you out of this division. These two alone wont do that for you!

Comment

No chance .. we couldn't afford them plus there prem bound. watch out for a couple more this year to, great isn't it when you have a well run academy?

Comment

Saying that lets get there acadmey people instead

Comment

Saying that lets get there acadmey people instead
                    I don't think It's so much as their academy bosses as the relationships they have with certain clubs in that area.

I know they take the best youngsters from clubs luki Puley Panthers, Bromley Town and those sorts of clubs as they play youth friendlies against them on a regular basis.

Comment

Fact of the matter is that the board dont want to spend money so mentioning any sort of player with a fee is ridiculous. Free transfers and crap italians is our way foward. Im not judging Pellicori but going on di carmine and Alberti.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        I don't think It's so much as their academy bosses as the relationships they have with certain clubs in that area.

I know they take the best youngsters from clubs luki Puley Panthers, Bromley Town and those sorts of clubs as they play youth friendlies against them on a regular basis.
                        You take good youngsters but you still got to coach them to bring them through coz at the start there no where near the level they eventually get to.
                        Its alright bringing in quality players but you still need good coaches at academies to bring them on.

Comment

no point us even thinkin about signing players for £xx mil cos its just not gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            You take good youngsters but you still got to coach them to bring them through coz at the start there no where near the level they eventually get to.
                            Its alright bringing in quality players but you still need good coaches at academies to bring them on.
                            Agreed, but all I'm saying is that our youth set-up is hardly appauling. It'll be interesting to see how Birch does in his new role as Gallen has been pretty good for us.

Would love to see Joe Gallen come back, but I fear we've burnt our bridges with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              Agreed, but all I'm saying is that our youth set-up is hardly appauling. It'll be interesting to see how Birch does in his new role as Gallen has been pretty good for us.

Would love to see Joe Gallen come back, but I fear we've burnt our bridges with him.
                              Wish i could agree mate but i think our youth set up needs a complete overhaul , there are plenty of 16s out there we're missing out on, boys being released by big London academies and choosing other clubs not ours, why because we have a poor centre of excellence.

Comment

Working...
                              X