QPR and Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR and Strikers

Over the last couple of years since Flav and Co took over we have signed loads of players , not one of them a top striker.

For the last year or so a blind man can see that we are desperate for a top 20 + striker. We were the joint least scoring team in the Championship last season so why have the club not gone in for one.

Why mess about with Pellicori, Connoly, Helguson, Di carmine etc.

its all really strange , doeas anyone know the reason!?

vine, taraabt and balanta

Comment

yeah, vine maybe but balanta and tarabbt i would put in the attacking midfielder bracket, i mean an out and out striker, vine plays quite deep .

Comment

Tarrbt is young and will score more goals than most strikers in the championship.

To be honest, I understand where you are coming from, but not easy to get a big named striker. I do not agree we have sold Blackstock, but many want him replaced. At the moment Ageymang and Helguson are well below par.

Clubs just don't sell best strikers and when they do come on the market you obviously competing against many other clubs. No guarantees a striker who has scored 20 goals in a season, will do it again.

in fact, how many players in the championship scored 20 plus last season?

and have they done it two years running?
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

What sort of striker are we talking about ?
          this magical 20+ a season striker, no striker can guarantee that amount and if they could they'd be out of Rs price range, both transfer and salary.
          Must admit though did think we missed out on Clinton Morrison on a free.

Comment

u got a good point there pete, maybe i should say why have we not flexed our financial muscles and get a recognised striker.

I know its cliched on the board but a punt on Beckford would have to be a good move, hes gotta be better than what we have at the moment

Comment

pellicori could turn out to be class,cant judge a book by the cover.if the board went out and done a ****sea,id be bored after a season,the not knowing if were gonna win or not is the buzz.an f.a cup final to us would mean everything,the **** and utd expect it,2003-4 season was the ******,and we were skint
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Beckford is still at Leeds United.

Bates won't sell for less than 4 million, sometimes its a waiting game
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Tarrbt is young and will score more goals than most strikers in the championship.

To be honest, I understand where you are coming from, but not easy to get a big named striker. I do not agree we have sold Blackstock, but many want him replaced. At the moment Ageymang and Helguson are well below par.

Clubs just don't their best strikers and when they do come on the market you obviously competing against many other clubs. No guarantees a striker who has scored 20 goals in a season, will do it again.

in fact, how many players in the championship scored 20 plus last season?

and have they done it two years running?

Quicker we get a decent scouting system going the better, there are jewels out there but we have to find them.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

Not sure about Pellicori to be honest, but when you spot a gem like Faurlin everyone gets a bit dubious. "Cannot win" springs to mind

Comment

Faurlin may be a gem but 3.5 mil ? , he must be quality to part with that cash

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                        Quicker we get a decent scouting system going the better, there are jewels out there but we have to find them.
                        Amen to that !

Comment

Kron you seem a nice guy but I can tell you now that the figure of 3.5 is a complete miff. I think more like 1.5 would be about right.
                          If we were up for spending 3.5 m they would have brought in a striker.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

thanks i am a nice , guy , by that if you mean i am duped by the 3.5 mil being a one off payment i am sure its not, but, there must be clauses to push it up to that figure, prem etc.

So if ur saying we will not spend 3 mil we may as well forget about the "marquee" signing we all want up front, frees and gambles it is then!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                              Does anyone know who found Balanta? It's too early to tell if he'll end up a success in the same way Kightly has been for Wolves but from reports and what I've seen he could become a very good player. If we have the ability to find a player like him from nowhere why can't we do it again?

I agree we need a better scouting system but I also believe our reserves need to play at a better level of football so that they improve as footballers.

Comment

Working...
                              X