What Should Our Tactics Be Next Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    No-one will ever convince me that 4-5-1 is the best formation at home, I'd rather go 4-3-3.

4-5-1 too defensive
    on what basis is it too defensive?

what part of

Routledge Rowlands Faurlin Buzsaky Tarrabt

Helgusson

is too defensive?
    RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Suppose I'm used to seeing 3 defensive midfileders played in that system, but if you play like that you have a point.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

4-3-3 would suggest playing 3 strikers, nah... 4 defenders, 1 holdin mid, 2 attackin, 2 wingers and a striker. i dont see that bein defensive and the main reason i suggest playin that is cos of our striker problem

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          on what basis is it too defensive?

what part of

Routledge Rowlands Faurlin Buzsaky Tarrabt

Helgusson

is too defensive?
          yeah spot on

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            No-one will ever convince me that 4-5-1 is the best formation at home, I'd rather go 4-3-3.

4-5-1 too defensive
            4-3-3 even at home with Taarabt and or Ephraim/Routledge/Balanta/Vine/Buzsacky in one of the other midfield roles would leave us horribly exposed in the centre of midfield. We'd be overrun with our current players. Would only work with Leigertwood and Mahon as two holding midfielders and rely on the two wide men from the front 3 to track back. Which won't happen.

4-5-1 is solid and flexible enough to move to 3 up top should circumstances allow.

Comment

If our most creative players(i.e.Buzz,Rowly and Vine)stay fit all season,and Taarabt and Faurlin really do become as good as we hope they might-then these players are good enough to be flexible in tactics and formations.Those of us old enough to remember the great rangers side of 75/75,will remember Stan popping up all over the place,and other players switching positions with breathtaking speed.
              Whether the players we have now are good enough remains to be seen,but i just reckon they might be.

Comment

I dont care what formation we play, and i dont think anyone else will either if were doing well. Although im sure most people will say play a 442 at home is a must.
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

every game the manager should decide formation and tactics based on the opposition.
                  one game at a time is the old cliche.

Comment

don't lose.
                    win 15 home games = 45pts, draw 4 = 49pts
                    win 5 away games = 15pts ( now at 64pts) drew 8 totals = 72pts...play offs
                    simples.

fear em all
                    fear no one
                    fear fears itself.

Comment

Play the same, home and away. We have a team capable of PLAYING football, and that´s the way we should do it this year. Play the best players, play football and try to win every game.

Comment

Any maybe try and score more than Accrington stanley.
                        Who r they? Excactly!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                        X