This board of ours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This board of ours

What professional football club would sell their first choice left fullback, Top goalscorer, backup young under 21 goalkeeper, allowed to go before any proper replacments are found, and we are now days away from the season start and as i write STILL NONE OF THESE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
    Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM.
    They seek him here.................

and won't be in the near future.......

Comment

its because they still do not know how to run a football club. over time they should learn more

Comment

The positions have been upgraded.

Marshall is a better back up keeper, as Camp didn't want to be one.
        Although Connelly at LB isn't my first choice, he's better than Delaney.
        Our flair players need an intelligent striker, which the sainted Blackstock will never be.
        The team as a whole will function better without him. The strikers may score less per man, but the team will score more.
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post

Our flair players need an intelligent striker, which the sainted Blackstock will never be.
          The team as a whole will function better without him. The strikers may score less per man, but the team will score more.
          i have to agree with you re blackstock.i feel that using him as the one up front cost us large last year.he just wasnt up to the job.cant trap cant pass cant make runs, i know he scored some goals but he was stopping the team from flowing with his inability to bring others into the game.

Comment

It is madness, Camp was an excellent keeper but went for peanuts. Dex was only average at best, but still far better that HH & PA. And Delaney was our best full back (ok he was still poor, but now we have GB and PR who were deemed sub-standard not long ago.)

Comment

connolly and legs are still better options at full back........

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
                i have to agree with you re blackstock.i feel that using him as the one up front cost us large last year.he just wasnt up to the job.cant trap cant pass cant make runs, i know he scored some goals but he was stopping the team from flowing with his inability to bring others into the game.
                Have to disagree with you both there. Marshall is a stop gap and he won't compete with Cerny for No1 spot. WE NEED A PROPER LB ffs. Blackstocks sale should have been filled. Yeah I agree with bits but he IS better than HH and Agyemang! Lets stop trying to put a spin on it! I'm optimistic about the coming season and think we have a strong midfield but I still think we are players short in key areas. We learned nothing from last season regarding strikers! We needed other areas in the team to add more goals to what DEXTER gave us last season. Now we've lost 14 goals from him and won't get that back from players we've got in the squad to fill his position!

Comment

Originally posted by LOOPYHOOP View Post
                  connolly and legs are still better options at full back........
                  They are not full backs.

Comment

Scarlet, another one under-estimating Tarrabt and Balanta.

Also, relying too much on what people say about Borrowdale as opposed to seeing him play.

Sure, Marshall will be added in next few days.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Three decent championship replacements would make all the differance from also rans to genuine top six contenders.

Comment

A bit like you and Faulin, how many minutes have you seen him play?
                        Or we you told to say he was great?

Comment

ok well theres no point going on about blackstock forever but i reckon that since that first game against southampton after rays death he never looked as interested. what we need is a striker who can bring players in,not sure weve got one yet.To those who are orgasming on the thought of vine and buszacky ripping defences apart as new players,i would say dont expect too much.the possibility of them never reaching their previous heights is equal to the chances of them doing so .

Comment

Dazzer, why is someone whose view is different to yours 'spinning'?

I give my opinion as I see it. Always have, always will.
                            We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              Scarlet, another one under-estimating Tarrabt and Balanta.

Also, relying too much on what people say about Borrowdale as opposed to seeing him play.

Sure, Marshall will be added in next few days.

Pete i do not underestamate Taarabt, Balanta does NOT convince me he can do it against the bigger boys of the championship (what do you expect of him) and Barrowdale, who i'v seen twice now looks less than ordanary.
                              We have at this point very little attacking options from either fullbacks, or yet to see good crossing ability's or speed from either, or ability to overlap our wingers.

Taarabt is exellant at attacking opposing defencies from advanced midfield or from the left wing, thats where he could score his 15 goals from.

Pete it takes a decent fullback to cross while running at speed, niether of them are capable of this, our wingers need supporting better.
                              Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 03-08-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X