Pre season- crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre season- crap

why have we played so many low league teams?? now when the players come to the 8th august the championship standard is going to be a huge step up.

We should have played teams in the premiership, la liga or serie a so when we come back to playing in the league it should be easier.

Why?

Reading drew 2-2 Against Chelsea, does that mean they are as good?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

its

its all about confidence creation
      not playing against potential devastation
      lets enjoy the magilton goals sensation
      then watch us unfold our realisation

q block pete will bang his drum
      and into the top flight we will come
      millionaires we are and shall rule our kingdom
      thats the beauty of playing at aldershots stadium

Comment

i think its all about setting your sights.its obvious that the new regime dont want to get slaughtered by a top team.who would? but i feel that by playing such low opposition we are in danger of being complacent on saturday.why on earth we went to croatia is beyond me,im sure if we had had game against brentford it would have fired things up a bit.this is the first time in a long long time that im pretty indifferent to start of season.havent even backed us to go up,ive always done that in past.

Comment

I would imagine that JM and JG wanted games that would allow the players to get used to their system of play without too much pressure. From what I saw at Wycombe we have a good style now and we will score more goals than last year. The downside is that we will also let in more as the midfield will be very attack orientated. The trip to Slovenia was all about the players bonding and being able to train every day, not about the games.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

i thought

i thought we have looked brilliant in pre season and expect us to top the division after five games........aND WIN THE LEAGUE CUP AS WELL

Comment

lets be honest its not like the players are gonna forget how to play against championship players after 6 weeks, the friendlies are just a part of the pre season regime, its just about fitness and tryin out new ideas

Comment

Nothing like a positive post a week before the season starts. :what:
                Personally i think QPR fans take it for granted how far we have actually come.

Striker issue is a fair moan though!
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Agree with Marc
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

how far have we actually come then mate? jesus to listen to some people you would think that we were crap before the takeover. as opposed to being crap now.

Comment

I thought that pre season matches were good ways of generating income. Surely playing known teams would help swell the clubs coffers?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRMendoza View Post
                        I thought that pre season matches were good ways of generating income. Surely playing known teams would help swell the clubs coffers?
                        a friendly against celtic wouldnt have harmed or chelsea..

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Agreed
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Gives the fans a bit of enthusiasm if you play better well known sides, playing these poor lower league teams does not as the size of the crowds showed
                            Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                              why have we played so many low league teams?? now when the players come to the 8th august the championship standard is going to be a huge step up.

We should have played teams in the premiership, la liga or serie a so when we come back to playing in the league it should be easier.

I think it was to build confidence more than anything. I do agree however that we should had included at least 1 from the premiership to test us...

Comment

Working...
                              X