Fitness??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness??

I think the players look like they are lacking fitness big time.
    At the warm up against southampton the players seemed to be struggling and also throughout the game.
    for example vine looked very slow.

to some extent i agree - but remember vine's injury - he wont be right yet i guess.

but several players looked slow and a bit larger than last year!
    Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

i think we will struggle this season.

Comment

players alwats look slow and unfit in pre-season...I dont think they ever give more than about 75% in most cases. Younger players looking to impress on the other hand are different hence Balanta has looked good....

Comment

Originally posted by larkspur_hoop View Post
          players alwats look slow and unfit in pre-season...I dont think they ever give more than about 75% in most cases. Younger players looking to impress on the other hand are different hence Balanta has looked good....
          pre season???? we are talking about the week before the first game.

Comment

I assume these comments are all based on knowledge of the bleep test, blood analysis and training observation.

Rather than a knee jerk response to lethargic performances in a meaningless pre season friendly?

Comment

Let's wait for game where it MATTERS before judging, shall we?
              We've been fit enough to win at Aldershot, Wycombe, Forest Green, Kettering and home to Southampton and draw against Oxford.
              Quality of the oppo is neither here nor there pre-season.
              They've done better than a lot of team's pre-season.
              Anyone want to swop with the Newcastle/Charlton fans?
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post
                I assume these comments are all based on knowledge of the bleep test, blood analysis and training observation.

Rather than a knee jerk response to lethargic performances in a meaningless pre season friendly?

meaningless pre season friendly... not suppose to give 100% then to build fitness??

Comment

they were talking about this in general on the radio the other day and one of the ex pros was saying the players always look leggy in pre season games not due to lack of fitness but the amount of conditioning work they are doing in training in the preceding days

Comment

They may not be over pushing themselves and saving for next week....

Comment

have we replaced john harbin?

Comment

Working...
                      X