X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The times predicts we'll finish 18th

The Times

"....Queen’s Park Rangers
    The QPR revolution hasn’t really worked yet, has it? Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore came in as if they were going to blow Chelsea out the water; instead they have been upstaged by Fulham. Word has it that Jim Magilton, hardly an unequivocal success in three years in charge of Ipswich Town, is likely to have to dance to his employers’ tune. His first three signings this summer have been Alejandro Faurlin, an Argentinian midfield player costing a distinctly un-Championship £3.5 million, Abel Taarabt, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur, and Alessandro Pellicori, an Italian journeyman forward. Proof that rich owners does not necessarily mean rich pickings.

Prediction: 18

wow!! i wouldnt have put us that low, our team hasnt got worse overall since last year has it? considering all the injuries i mean

Comment

That's pathetic.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

perhaps they have looked at our strike force which didn't blow anybody away last season is weaker........only at QPR can you be one of the lowest scoring teams in all divisions and sell your top scorer without replacing him.

Comment

When I said our squad has relegation look about it, I got murdered but seriously when it was announced & I saw Helguson at number nine I was not inspired so I cannot ridicule the times prediction.

I would say it is possibly the 1st year in a long time when really I aint got a clue where we will finish!

Comment

Never read that rag sheet.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Agree with the "Proof that rich owners does not necessarily mean rich pickings" part but I do not think we will be as low as 18th
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

At least we're not 'the bookies favorites!'.
                I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

A few other examples from the same article.Sheff Utd. Champions,Boro 2nd,WBA 3rd,Cardiff 4th,Forest 5th,Leicester 6th,Ipswich 7th,Derby 8th,Doncaster 9th,Reading 10th,Bristol City 11th,Palace 14th,and Newcastle 20th.I personally thinks there are some good shouts amongst that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                    A few other examples from the same article.Sheff Utd. Champions,Boro 2nd,WBA 3rd,Cardiff 4th,Forest 5th,Leicester 6th,Ipswich 7th,Derby 8th,Doncaster 9th,Reading 10th,Bristol City 11th,Palace 14th,and Newcastle 20th.I personally thinks there are some good shouts amongst that lot.
                    Good shouts... What...
                    Doncaster 9th - I'd say 14th at best
                    Forest 4th - I'd say 10th at best
                    Leicester 6th - I'd say around 12th
                    Cardiff 4th - No higher than 8th in my eyes

The only ones they are about right on are Newcastle who I think will struggle massively and Boro who I think will do very well

Comment

I think the times is right.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                        Good shouts... What...
                        Doncaster 9th - I'd say 14th at best
                        Forest 4th - I'd say 10th at best
                        Leicester 6th - I'd say around 12th
                        Cardiff 4th - No higher than 8th in my eyes

The only ones they are about right on are Newcastle who I think will struggle massively and Boro who I think will do very well
                        I said SOME not ALL good shouts,having given 14 examples you come back with 4 you don't agree with.Doncaster were hard to beat last seaon and I think they and Notts Forest,who've spent a small fortune recently and can boast several good strikers unlike us,will surprise a few people.

Comment

I certainly agree wit the top 3 but not in that order

Based on our squad 18th is way too low but i suspect the times are building in the flavio factor and our recent history for sacking managers etc
                          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                            I said SOME not ALL good shouts,having given 14 examples you come back with 4 you don't agree with.Doncaster were hard to beat last seaon and I think they and Notts Forest,who've spent a small fortune recently and can boast several good strikers unlike us,will surprise a few people.
                            I wasn't having a dig fella. Just amazed that they think Doncaster will do so well. Forest have spent money but not really on players who have/will set the Championship on fire. Don't get me wrong I liked Dexter but he's hardly a big name. Add Adebola to that who is 34 going on 35 and Lee Camp as their No.1 I feel that won't fair too well. Sorry to just single Forest out their!

Comment

Who was the journo? cos Gary Jacob of the times is an R fan and a very well informed one too

Comment

Working...
                              X