Think again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think again!

Since the take over of the club, I would like to pose some questions which I believe has left us in a position worse than we were before. Before the merry band of fans that were quick to criticise our club under the old ownership, think first and then comment. Although Briatore and Ecclestone were not the fans favourite in giving us everything we wanted, they handled the clubs finances shrewdley. Lets remember the Mittals were part of this group and they profess to be so interested in the club and its fans, yet were they not the one's who did not think our club was worth that much when making an insulting offer to the above when they are one of the richest families in the world. Again why did they not buy the club?
    Instead we are left with Fernandes, West Ham turned down (do they know something we dont), secondly he is part of Formula 1 and not that successful at that, what is his dealings with Ecclestone and how was the deal set up considering Fernandes backers are all Malaysian. I would love to see the papers and where is the money?
    Then there was Paladini, I know a number of you did not like him however he was instrumental in getting us into the premier and stuck by us for all those years, even putting his own house and businesses on the line to support our club. How many people would do that? Also how many chairmen can you mention, that has that kind of passion and dedication to his club as he did.
    That then brings me on to some of the signings underwritten by a CO (Beard) who has no experience in football at all, allowing players like Barton to have a four year contract at his age and on 89k a week, plus others that are also questionable. No wonder he has stated, the players if we go down will stay with us next year. I think its more, that the club unless they sell them are here to stay on those wages and fantastic contract where their wages remain the same regardless of whether we go down or not. It will be interesting to see if this happens, if the Mittals will be so interested to keep the club afloat when everyone else considers moving on.
    Not saying Britore and Ecclestone were the best for the club, but I ask the question would they of allowed some of the decisions that have been made to of gone ahead?

is that you gianni?

Lotus are doing well in F1, Fernandes businesses are doing well.

Barton was a Marquee signing to get others to follow.

Comment

For a first post.....try again.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
        is that you gianni?

Fernandes is Caterham Renault not lotus unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by mirage View Post
          Since the take over of the club, I would like to pose some questions which I believe has left us in a position worse than we were before. Before the merry band of fans that were quick to criticise our club under the old ownership, think first and then comment. Although Briatore and Ecclestone were not the fans favourite in giving us everything we wanted, they handled the clubs finances shrewdley. Lets remember the Mittals were part of this group and they profess to be so interested in the club and its fans, yet were they not the one's who did not think our club was worth that much when making an insulting offer to the above when they are one of the richest families in the world. Again why did they not buy the club?
          Instead we are left with Fernandes, West Ham turned down (do they know something we dont), secondly he is part of Formula 1 and not that successful at that, what is his dealings with Ecclestone and how was the deal set up considering Fernandes backers are all Malaysian. I would love to see the papers and where is the money?
          Then there was Paladini, I know a number of you did not like him however he was instrumental in getting us into the premier and stuck by us for all those years, even putting his own house and businesses on the line to support our club. How many people would do that? Also how many chairmen can you mention, that has that kind of passion and dedication to his club as he did.
          That then brings me on to some of the signings underwritten by a CO (Beard) who has no experience in football at all, allowing players like Barton to have a four year contract at his age and on 89k a week, plus others that are also questionable. No wonder he has stated, the players if we go down will stay with us next year. I think its more, that the club unless they sell them are here to stay on those wages and fantastic contract where their wages remain the same regardless of whether we go down or not. It will be interesting to see if this happens, if the Mittals will be so interested to keep the club afloat when everyone else considers moving on.
          Not saying Britore and Ecclestone were the best for the club, but I ask the question would they of allowed some of the decisions that have been made to of gone ahead?
          lol try harder
          Rather have TF and Amit than Briatore/Ecclestone/Paladini any day of the week..no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
            is that you gianni?

ugh hum... Tony is now Caterham who are actually at the moment pretty pants

Comment

With Gianni the clumsy-contract-creator gone, one would have naturally expected new contracts for new players to be concluded in a more prudent manner, i.e. with relegation clauses to protect the club from exorbitant wage expenses when back in the Championship. Is this the case? Also, we may have signed donkeys thanks to Gianni, but we can't thank him for signing the recent super expensive non-performers and witty twitterati who will probably bankrupt us next season in the Championship while having done next to nothing to save us from relegation this season.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

i thought one of tony's cars finished 4th last week in the F1

Thats a f-ing massive achievement in anyones book

i could be wrong but i dont think so?...statto's?

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  lol try harder
                  Rather have TF and Amit than Briatore/Ecclestone/Paladini any day of the week..no brainer

Agree, wouldn't want to see either Briatore, or Ecclestone, at Loftus Rd ever again.
                  We have a great board now, and they, as well as us, deserved better from this season, much better.

Comment

Originally posted by qprbrisbanedivision View Post
                    i thought one of tony's cars finished 4th last week in the F1

Thats a f-ing massive achievement in anyones book

i could be wrong but i dont think so?...statto's?
                    It's confusing, Renault last year is now called Lotus.

Tony's F1 Team "Lotus" now called "Caterham F1".

http://www.caterhamf1.com/home

It will take time but their goal this year is to finish into the top 10 in at least one grand prix and improve each year.

Remember "Caterham" is not funded by a works team like Ferrari, Mercedes & Renault.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      It's confusing, Renault last year is now called Lotus.

Tony's F1 Team "Lotus" now called "Caterham F1".

http://www.caterhamf1.com/home

It will take time but their goal this year is to finish into the top 10 in at least one grand prix and improve each year.

Remember "Caterham" is not funded by a works team like Ferrari, Mercedes & Renault.
                      Thanks or that. i thought i read on TF's twiter that they had fin 4th. maybe they qualified 4th...

Anyway, i'll happily admit i was wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by qprbrisbanedivision View Post
                        Thanks or that. i thought i read on TF's twiter that they had fin 4th. maybe they qualified 4th...

Anyway, i'll happily admit i was wrong!
                        F1 changes all the time and I still get things wrong.

Finishing in the points (Top 10) is worth a lot of money to any F1 Team.

Comment

and i'm assuming that caterham is the same ...as in caterham 7?

Comment

op - utter utter utter utter ********

Comment

b*ll*c*s in case you were wondering

Comment

Working...
                              X