Joey Barton / Adel Taarabt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton / Adel Taarabt

At the start of last season we was a lot more calm and positive with the way Adel played. Instead of groaning, or even booing Adel for a misplaced pass (or a shot from 50 yards in a close game where we was only leading by a single goal), we the fans were more supportive, shouting comments such as:
    "Carry on Adel" (No thats not a film in the series)
    "Keep it up Adel"
    "Keep going Tarbs"
    I truly believe this had a positive impact in the way he played, and maybe affected our expectations of him as a player.
    We coped with Adel being selfish and taking too long to pass for almost 2 years before giving him some breathing space.
    Should we not apply the same methods with Joey?
    Just a thought
    Gunga-Galunga

We would if Joey's end results are anything like Adel's.

Comment

JB for Prime Minister....

Comment

people have hardly been on Joey's back all season have they - he has had a ton of support. That ran out only very recently.

So, he performs dreadfully with support already, let's see if he improves to prove people wrong.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
          At the start of last season we was a lot more calm and positive with the way Adel played. Instead of groaning, or even booing Adel for a misplaced pass (or a shot from 50 yards in a close game where we was only leading by a single goal), we the fans were more supportive, shouting comments such as:
          "Carry on Adel" (No thats not a film in the series)
          "Keep it up Adel"
          "Keep going Tarbs"
          I truly believe this had a positive impact in the way he played, and maybe affected our expectations of him as a player.
          We coped with Adel being selfish and taking too long to pass for almost 2 years before giving him some breathing space.
          Should we not apply the same methods with Joey?
          Just a thought
          I dont quite get that mate?..Adel was pants at the start of the season, stormed of to the bus stop etc.etc..
          We saying you want JB to get the 207 to somewhere.
          Adel was rubbish until he came back from African nations, and has since improved his game massivley.
          Also, I dont think JB is capable of doing what Adel can do.
          i think we should just get rid of asap...IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by qprbrisbanedivision View Post
            I dont quite get that mate?..Adel was pants at the start of the season, stormed of to the bus stop etc.etc..
            We saying you want JB to get the 207 to somewhere.
            Adel was rubbish until he came back from African nations, and has since improved his game massivley.
            Also, I dont think JB is capable of doing what Adel can do.
            i think we should just get rid of asap...IMHO
            A fair comment regarding this season and JB's capability compared to Adel's. However in my original post, I did say at the start of last season.
            Gunga-Galunga

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
              people have hardly been on Joey's back all season have they - he has had a ton of support. That ran out only very recently.

So, he performs dreadfully with support already, let's see if he improves to prove people wrong.
              I haven't said people have been on his back all season, I hope he can prove us ALL wrong. I hate seeing a QPR player who has potential underperform, which, in my opinion, I think JB has done so far.
              It was the same with Adel when we first got him on loan, "Skillful player, needs to learn how to pass though!" was on most peoples lips.

I'm merely comparing Adels presence on the pitch from 2/3 years ago when he was on loan, to at the start of last season when we encouraged him more to keep trying instead of venting our frustration at a misplaced pass. I personally think it helped him, and I think it could have the same affect on JB. The only problem with this league as we have now found out, when a mistake is made, you get less chance to recover because the speed of play is so much quicker than of the Championship.

Food for thought
              Gunga-Galunga

Comment

jb needs a cloughy type slap. either he is sithe(has been a our worst buy) or has for some reason lost his total confidense. i honestly cannot think of a worst captain or centre-mid player in the lge!! his all round play has been so poor that its hard to find any plus points with someone that was rated so highly before. lots of reasons to coat off players when the chips are down but very hard to stand up for someone who has offered our club so little-infact nothing!!! adel needed a cloughy before and might need one again but fc uk me....we need a bit of something different and the cap fits.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

A fair comment regarding this season and JB's capability compared to Adel's. However in my original post, I did say at the start of last season.
                  Sorry....didnt see that....!

Dont tell anyone though, i think i may have gotten away with that !!

Comment

don't know about that Junior - I've been shouting at AT since he came on his first loan spell. I remember in his 2nd or 3rd game for us on that spell he tried something when he was 1-1, redecorated row Z with the ball, we all shouted and he was up in arms at the fans telling us to be quiet....i was thinking "who is this guy...he's not even ours?!"

I think he likes it though? he's a big kid - Le Sulk II. He expects us to be on his back....makes him know we care?

I've given up on JB...against Liverpool, every time he got the ball I couldn't wait for him to get rid of it...it made me nervous every time i saw him with ball at feet.

Comment

Originally posted by qprbrisbanedivision View Post
                      Sorry....didnt see that....!

Dont tell anyone though, i think i may have gotten away with that !!
                      Mums the word
                      Gunga-Galunga

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                        I've been shouting at AT since he came on his first loan spell.
                        Including last season when he was (without a single doubt in my mind) our best player??
                        *Championship Player Of The Season
                        *19 Goals (Top goalscorer for QPR 2010-2011)
                        *16 Assists (Most assists 2010-2011)
                        Surely not!

Yes I'd admit that when Adel first came to us on loan he looked more like a hindrance then providing any kind of support to the team, but he was a completely different player last season. And i think we played a part in that by not getting on his case as soon as he makes a mistake, instead encouraging to carry on.

I know JB's end result could never be quite as good as Tarbs, but here's to hoping
                        Gunga-Galunga

Comment

I know JB's end result could never be quite as good as Tarbs, but here's to hoping
                          Without sounding critical, who done what last season means nothing. But this season which is all that matters, JB has scored two goals and has three assists which is pathetic, so what has Adel done this season to justify your 'JB's end result could never be quite as good as Tarbs' comment.
                          Last edited by paulmason; 30-03-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Including last season when he was (without a single doubt in my mind) our best player??
                            *Championship Player Of The Season
                            *19 Goals (Top goalscorer for QPR 2010-2011)
                            *16 Assists (Most assists 2010-2011)
                            Surely not!
                            don't get me wrong - cheered him along too...but he does do daft things. I think it shows his character and actually how strong AT is. He knows there is a huge expectation on his shoulder and bar the opening couple of months in the PL he's been terrific.
                            If and when he goes - he will be sorely missed, as a player and character.

JB could disappear without a second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                              Without sounding critical, who done what last season means nothing. But this season which is all that matters, JB has scored two goals and has three assists which is pathetic, so what has Adel done this season to justify your 'JB's end result could never be quite as good as Tarbs' comment.
                              You're absolutely right, JB does have 2 goals and 3 assists, while Adel on the other hand has nothing to his name this season. So on that basis alone, my comment on JB's/AT's end result is unjustified when talking about this season. It was however, just a general statement.

I didn't start this thread to compare Joeys performance this season with Adels, it was merely to highlight the impact Adel had to the oppostion, and our team, when we didnt sigh or boo at every misplaced pass or 50yard shots. And possibly by taking the same approach with Joey, we could see an improvement.
                              Gunga-Galunga

Comment

Working...
                              X