swp position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swp position

should we play swp up front with zamora v arsenal we are running out of options in my opinion might suit him?

kenny
    young
    hill
    onuara
    taiwo
    tarrabt
    diakite
    derry
    mackie
    swp
    zamora

each to their own and not criticising you but SWP is one of the worst strikers of a ball i have seen in many a long year down the bush. His finishing is woeful, would not play him up front. Though would gladly come on here monday after he scores a hat trick and accept i was wrong !!!

Comment

I think it's just he's a massive confidence player and is currently playing with none and it's showing badly.

When he's had chances he's had too mcuh time to think about it / dwell / change his mind etc and messed up. What he needs is one to fall to him and he react natually without time to think and it to fly in the corner of the net. IF he gets a goal, i'm sure his quality (which we all know he has in there somewhere) will hopefully re-surface and he could be very important in the run in.....

As for starting line ups, we need to take Mackie out of it. The last week should've cemented in everyone's mind that he is never effective from the start as has no advantage on the opposition, but when used as an impact sub, his energy can work wonders against tired defenders... that should be his role for the run in, where he CAN make a difference.

Comment

Not sure that SWP would figure in any of my immediate plans.
        If DJ is fit Saturday, would play him up top alongside Bobby Zamorra, and would have Mackie on bench as a possible impact sub.

Comment

I can see it being JB and BZ upfront or just BZ and we pack the midfield. Barton will be back in no doubt and probably SWP with him.

Comment

Originally posted by chelmsfordHoop View Post
            I can see it being JB and BZ upfront or just BZ and we pack the midfield. Barton will be back in no doubt and probably SWP with him.
            Bothroyd and Zamora are too much alike, I think.

Comment

Helgusson and DJ both back in contention aren't they ?

Comment

Either are preferable to Bothroyd

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                  Not sure that SWP would figure in any of my immediate plans.
                  If DJ is fit Saturday, would play him up top alongside Bobby Zamorra, and would have Mackie on bench as a possible impact sub.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Against Arsenal I would do

--------------Kenny-----------
                    Young ---Onuoha---Hill---Taiwo
                    SWP----Diakite----Taarabt---Smith
                    -------Zamora---Bothroyd------

Mackies a super sub - did nothing at sunderland

Smith is class whenever he plays, so calm on the ball

Bothroyd looked sharp when he came on against sunderland, i know it was only 10 minutes or whatever but he deserves a chance because we have no other strikers and its stupid saying lets put SWP up front... HE IS NOT A STRIKER...

Comment

Working...
                    X