Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who remembers going up to Sunderland.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who remembers going up to Sunderland.......

When we were in the Championship and Sunderland were storming the league and we had Vinnie Jones and Ruddock in the side??

Game was at Easter time and we somehow got a 2-2 draw! Pretty sure it was a Friday night game. Our side was woeful at the time and everyone thought we'd get battered up there.

We somehow got a vital point and stayed up.

Mental scenes at the end.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    When we were in the Championship and Sunderland were storming the league and we had Vinnie Jones and Ruddock in the side??

Game was at Easter time and we somehow got a 2-2 draw! Pretty sure it was a Friday night game. Our side was woeful at the time and everyone thought we'd get battered up there.

We somehow got a vital point and stayed up.

Mental scenes at the end.
    Me.Gary the Plumber.Topshelf and Gary Colton drove to that game mate as it was on an Easter Friday and we stayed the night at a pub in a place called Seaburn

The weather was so bad with hailstones etc we got absolutely soaked and when we were at the bar the door flew open and the sea rushed in and soaked our feet

Think we were 2-0 and Sheran got our goals which I think stopped their march to the Premier

Comment

About time your feet got a wash!
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I remember conceding a late goal for Sunderland to draw 2-2 the year after we got promoted I think.

Sun was blazing. Great weekend in Newcastle

Comment

live on sky easter friday night...i did a sport billy weekend and went to our game on the friday midds v york (i think) on the saturday and rangers v celtic on the sunday.. 2 good rangers performances made it a decent weekend,,,well from what i can remember of it..

Comment

I remember going to the old Roker Park in 1991. Both of us in a relegation scrap. Went up in a car with 2 Sunderland fan mates who gave me hell on the way up how they were gonna beat us and send us down. We won 1-0 and we survived and they went down. Oh the fooking stick i gave them on the way back home home. Went with them same season to watch their last game of the season at Man City which they had to win to survive providing all the other results went their way. Impressive support about 20,000 went to Citeh and they took 3 sides of the ground. Sunderland went 2-0 up and all othe other results were going their way. It was mental but Citeh turned it around and won 3-2 and i think Luton won at the last gasp to send Sunderland down. Think it was the instance where Pleat ran on the pitch at the end. Have to say ive never seen so many grown men cry when they realized they'd been relegated. Again i kinda had a smug grin on my face driving back with them
            Last edited by Naarven Mankey; 23-03-2012, 03:59 AM.

Comment

i remember going up there they year they opened the stadium of light...Didnt one of our players almost kill Michael Gray (a class player)..? broke his ankle i think..

Then a night out in Newcastle to top it of ith a visit to Hooters then "the ship" i thijk it was called?

Comment

Working...
              X