Were you at Anfield 1986 League Cup Semi Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you at Anfield 1986 League Cup Semi Final

I only went to the first game where Fenwick scored, but it was party time at Anfield for many !!. I can remember watching Liverpool's two own goals on the telly, but many went to Anfield that night.

Any memories from that night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9CUDyAA9j4
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I was there went up on the supporters club train and some little scally threw a brick through the train window and caught me just below me face just as we pulled into lime street buses back to the station were pelted with more bricks and stones.can still remember the own goals just like it was yesterday and the amazing support we gave all night oh and jim smith running on the pitch at the end.......

Comment

I was there and remember running the gaunlet of bottles and bricks on the train out of Liverpool.

I also remember having a sing song around Trafalgar Square when we got back to London.

Good times...

Comment

Yes bunked off school to go to Anfield - What a top night I think there were over £4,500 R'rrs there on the night great atmosphere. We also got the 'football special' and remember the lights had to be switched off on the train leaving the station at Liverpool. One of my best nights being an R'r.

Comment

went up in a mini bus from the Springbok ,
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

What a great night.We went up early and was drinking in liverpool city centre all afternoon, then onto the game.Remember being on the train which stopped at every stop from liverpool to london , when the scousers started throwing bricks at us.Didnt get back to london till something like three in the morning.

Comment

Went on a coach from the Goldhawk, we met up with another two coaches and all parked up at Stanley Park. We all went in the Arkle pub, it was a very lively night!! Great buzz beating Liverpool to get to the final........ happy days.

Comment

I was on the same train, windows had to be knocked out to stop flying glass!!

The buses back to the station were also a bit lively, never seen so many bottles in the air at the same time.

Seems a strange thing to say after that but it was a great night!!

Great night

Comment

Steve Pinchen drove 5 of us up there and back while we got 'slighty' merry ! cheers Steve (if anyone out there knows him please ask him to get in touch as I've lost his No) BUT my top memory of that night was the Kop clapping the players off ......... Can you imagine us doing that if we'd knocked ourselves out of the semi final of the cup with 2 own goals
                  "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                  For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                  X