Our forwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our forwards

Helguson looked woeful yesterday and have to say Agyegmang looked poor from the first whistle. I was not suprised to see him taken off at half time.

I swear Agyegmang used to be quick or was it my imagination as he couldn't out pace 34 year old Chris Perry.

Vine does not look match fit. Looked better in the second half though.

Pellicori when warming up at half time my non-supporting QPR mate says he looks like the most unnatural footballer he has ever seen. As I only saw him for fifteen minutes yesterday I will not pass any judgement but he did win a lot of headers.

Judging him from his 20min cameo yesterday and how he performed last season I think Taraabt can play up front.

He is tall, strong and pretty much bullied the Southampton centre backs. His goal was first class. Some may say he is best out wide as he takes players on but if he plays upfront he can still drop a little deeper and run at the CB's as was proven yesterday and yes maybe it is only southampton but most championship defenders will not want him running at them.

Furthermore, he is quite greedy and poor defensively. By playing him upfront we do not require him to track back. I feel Magilton will get him to use the ball better this season.

Angelo Balanta proved to me yesterday that he should start next saturday without question. His finish was a natural strikers goal. He looks stronger and doesn't get knocked off the ball easily.

Next weekend I would start with Vine/Taraabt and Balanta upfront.

Alternatively play Balanta wide left and Vine and Taraabt upfront as Agyegmang and Helguson look shoddy.
    15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Cheers for that.

Well there seems a trend across all messageboards with regards to our strikers...

Vine - doesn't look fit
    Ageymang - doesn't look interested
    Balanta - looks good and deserves a starting place
    Piccalilli - no one has seen enough of him yet
    Taraabt - is a blinding loan signing
    Helguson - couldnt score in a brothel.

So, to me this, once again, actually demonstrates that if Adel isnt a striker (which all my sauces and the man himself says thats where he wants to be played) we need another striker.

IF Adel is played upfront then, I think we're ok and there's no need to rush and buy a new front man.

IF
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by Ads1985 View Post
      Helguson looked woeful yesterday and have to say Agyegmang looked poor from the first whistle. I was not suprised to see him taken off at half time.

I swear Agyegmang used to be quick or was it my imagination as he couldn't out pace 34 year old Chris Perry.

Vine does not look match fit. Looked better in the second half though.

Pellicori when warming up at half time my non-supporting QPR mate says he looks like the most unnatural footballer he has ever seen. As I only saw him for fifteen minutes yesterday I will not pass any judgement but he did win a lot of headers.

Judging him from his 20min cameo yesterday and how he performed last season I think Taraabt can play up front.

He is tall, strong and pretty much bullied the Southampton centre backs. His goal was first class. Some may say he is best out wide as he takes players on but if he plays upfront he can still drop a little deeper and run at the CB's as was proven yesterday and yes maybe it is only southampton but most championship defenders will not want him running at them.

Furthermore, he is quite greedy and poor defensively. By playing him upfront we do not require him to track back. I feel Magilton will get him to use the ball better this season.

Angelo Balanta proved to me yesterday that he should start next saturday without question. His finish was a natural strikers goal. He looks stronger and doesn't get knocked off the ball easily.

Next weekend I would start with Vine/Taraabt and Balanta upfront.

Alternatively play Balanta wide left and Vine and Taraabt upfront as Agyegmang and Helguson look shoddy.
      Completely agree. Balanta should be one of the first names on the team sheet along with Gorkks. Not seen enough of Pellicori but to play to our strengths I would have two of Adel, Vine and Buzz up front and allow them to run at defenders with Balanta and Routledge wide and cutting in to line for a pass across the area and hopefully a tap in. Injuries seem to be indicating that we will atart with Rowly and Mahon in the middle and to be honest both have impressed me in pre season.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Working...
      X