Just back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back

3,000-plus crowd all siting SAR. Balanta looks full of confidence and will be a big hit this year. Taarabt goal was class. Back four looked relatively solid.

Know it was a pre-season game and don't want to sound too harsh but here are a couple of thoughts.

Borrowdale is not as pants as people think, and can certainly pass it. But he's a definite arm-round-the-shoulder player, looks a little unsure of himself. Ramage as usual kept on making misplaced balls but tries hard. Patrick was not at the races and Vine looks frustrated. Hope RV hasn't lost a yard of pace with injury because things weren't happening for him. Made one or two good runs in the second half, though, and this is just one game. HH at least gets other people into it with but he still can't hit the proverbial barn door. Alessandro huffed and puffed and should have scored with a header late on. We will create chances this year but am wondering who will stick them away for us.

Southampton worked hard and put us under pressure when we had the ball but had nothing up front. We lacked a little bite but felt we were playing within ourselves. Magilton isn't shy in letting people know if they've done something wrong. Gave Ramage a few tongue lashings in the first half.

Marshall - 7, good back up for Cerny.

Ramage - 5, the usual.

Borrowdale - 6, won't tear up any trees but not as bad as people made out.

Mahon - 5.5, chasing shadows a little.

Hall - 6.5, looked untroubled.

Gorkss - 7, looks good.

Rowlands - 6.5, tidy if unspectacular.

Vine - 6, didn't really work out for him today

Routledge - 6.5, playing within himself. Couple of good runs and touches.

Balanta - 7.5, well taken goal. Lovely touches. This is his season.

Pat - 5.5, not impressed.

Subs: Brown 6, Taarabt 7, Ephraim 6.5, Helguson 5.5, Pellicori 5.5, Wild thing 6.

Originally posted by volpone View Post
    3,000-plus crowd all siting SAR. Balanta looks full of confidence and will be a big hit this year. Taarabt goal was class. Back four looked relatively solid.

Know it was a pre-season game and don't want to sound too harsh but here are a couple of thoughts.

Borrowdale is not as pants as people think, and can certainly pass it. But he's a definite arm-round-the-shoulder player, looks a little unsure of himself. Ramage as usual kept on making misplaced balls but tries hard. Patrick was not at the races and Vine looks frustrated. Hope RV hasn't lost a yard of pace with injury because things weren't happening for him. Made one or two good runs in the second half, though, and this is just one game. HH at least gets other people into it with but he still can't hit the proverbial barn door. Alessandro huffed and puffed and should have scored with a header late on. We will create chances this year but am wondering who will stick them away for us.

Southampton worked hard and put us under pressure when we had the ball but had nothing up front. We lacked a little bite but felt we were playing within ourselves. Magilton isn't shy in letting people know if they've done something wrong. Gave Ramage a few tongue lashings in the first half.

Marshall - 7, good back up for Cerny.

Ramage - 5, the usual.

Borrowdale - 6, won't tear up any trees but not as bad as people made out.

Mahon - 5.5, chasing shadows a little.

Hall - 6.5, looked untroubled.

Gorkss - 7, looks good.

Rowlands - 6.5, tidy if unspectacular.

Vine - 6, didn't really work out for him today

Routledge - 6.5, playing within himself. Couple of good runs and touches.

Balanta - 7.5, well taken goal. Lovely touches. This is his season.

Pat - 5.5, not impressed.

Subs: Brown 6, Taarabt 7, Ephraim 6.5, Helguson 5.5, Pellicori 5.5, Wild thing 6.
    A good summary :victory:
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
      A good summary :victory:
      it would be a better summary if he halved pat's score....
      RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

yeah id go along with most of what u said apart from borrowdale, he hardly got forward, the only passes he seems to be capable of is sideways to the man next to him. no confidence. defensively wasnt terrible but gets frustrated way too easy, i know its only a friendly, but cant say i was impressed. i was more impressed with lee brown when he came on for them last few mins than borrowdale at least he got forward

Comment

couldn't be arsed to go today (me bad) the club just don't fill me with enthusiasm with the lack of quality signings

so 18 months down the line we still need a left back, a right back & a quality goalscorer (no change there then)

not saying we won't do well this season, but the club aren't exactly trying to get bums on seats, are they!

we all know if we are in the top 3 or 4 in a month or so, we will get near on capacity crowds, maybe that's what the club are gambling on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            it would be a better summary if he halved pat's score....
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Good review, and as I suspected...

Comment

Has Brown come through the youth?

Comment

My scores would be:-

Marshall - 6
                  Ramage 5.5
                  Gorkss - 7
                  Hall - 7.5
                  Borrowdale - 6.5
                  Routledge - 7
                  Mahon - 7
                  Rowlands - 7
                  Balanta - 7
                  Vine - 6
                  Agyemang - 5

Helguson 5
                  Tarrabt - 7
                  Ainsworth - 6
                  Pellicori - 5
                  Stewart - 6
                  Alberti - 6
                  Ephraim - 6
                  Brown - 6

Comment

Agy is a wast of space and a disgrace to the shirt he wears....lazy or wot.

Vine just dont look fit, cant understand why he has been in training all summer and has played most friendlies.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                    X